[SOLVED] Ryzen 53600 --- PC and voltages acting weird after using Ryzen Master default settings and high voltage on idle ?

Dr.Bob

Prominent
Sep 8, 2021
When I got my Cpu I overclocked to 3,8ghz base speed and didn’t have pbo turned on idk why then I overclocked my r5 3600 to 4ghz manually in ryzen master but heard some guy say it’s better to oc on default cpu settings in bios and to reset oc before changing anything in bios. Put default settings it lagged a lot when stress tested and constant 4.1ghz 1.35 volts. Reset bios to default but turned off any oc options pc ran ok but +12voltage is at 9.8 max in hwmonitor and in bios it’s 10.3v. Also system interrupts is draining 5-10% cpu usage when it used max 1% before. And core 0 is at a constant 90% usage 1.35-1.4v when idling. When stress tested core voltage goes to 1.25 how do I fix and is it bad for my pc?

Last edited:
Solution
Hey there,

The first thing I would say is, you're are over thinking this problem.

So, with Ryzen 2nd Gen, the best performance (for gaming) comes from PBO. A manual overclock of the CPU, won't have as high speeds, as PBO.

If there was some reason for wanting an 'all core' overclock such as yours, then you could say that might be better. But for gaming an all core OC is not the best way to get max FPS.

Also, don't be worrying about +12v rail or anything. You are being distracted by numbers, which you do not understand, and mostly don't effect what your problem is (and to be honest you don't really have a problem).

What you are seeing with the voltages on CPU changing is normal for Ryzen CPU's. You don't have anything to worry about...
Hey there,

So, with Ryzen 2nd Gen, the best performance (for gaming) comes from PBO. A manual overclock of the CPU, won't have as high speeds, as PBO.

If there was some reason for wanting an 'all core' overclock such as yours, then you could say that might be better. But for gaming an all core OC is not the best way to get max FPS.

Also, don't be worrying about +12v rail or anything. You are being distracted by numbers, which you do not understand, and mostly don't effect what your problem is (and to be honest you don't really have a problem).

What you are seeing with the voltages on CPU changing is normal for Ryzen CPU's. You don't have anything to worry about.

Your core '0' usage is probably because that's the 'best' core. Ryzen uses an algorithm (like a program) that helps to determine which core is the best, and boosts higher speeds. So this usage might be normal also.

To Overclock your CPU, the best way is through the bios. Ryzen master is okay for trying new overclocks. But to get your OC stable, the best way is through the bios. Your OC may not be stable. If your system is crashing randomly, then that's the reason.

When OC'ing your CPU the most important thing to look for is the temperature of the CPU. What ever speed you are running your CPU at, the temps should not exceed 80c for good 24/7/365 usage. When you stress test your CPU, you should do it with Prime 95 small ffts, so you can push the CPU and cache. By doing this, you know exactly where your temps are, and if your OC is a goo done.

Solution

Dr.Bob

Prominent
Sep 8, 2021
Hey there,

What you are seeing with the voltages on CPU changing is normal for Ryzen CPU's. You don't have anything to worry about.

Your core '0' usage is probably because that's the 'best' core. Ryzen uses an algorithm (like a program) that helps to determine which core is the best, and boosts higher speeds. So this usage might be normal also.

To Overclock your CPU, the best way is through the bios. Ryzen master is okay for trying new overclocks. But to get your OC stable, the best way is through the bios. Your OC may not be stable. If your system is crashing randomly, then that's the reason.

When OC'ing your CPU the most important thing to look for is the temperature of the CPU. What ever speed you are running your CPU at, the temps should not exceed 80c for good 24/7/365 usage. When you stress test your CPU, you should do it with Prime 95 small ffts, so you can push the CPU and cache. By doing this, you know exactly where your temps are, and if your OC is a goo done.
Thank you a lot for info I tested my voltages with a multimeter and the -12v was at -10.8 but other voltages were good. Kinda concerned over that -12v but isn’t it bad that the cpu is at 1.4v idle? I’ve heard people say that running high voltages on your cpu will decrease it’s lifetime. Should I maybe go and make it so that max is 1.28? Also about the system interrupts. it’s using 90% of core 0 so it’s the same as me disabling 1 core and running 5 cores I kinda want all cores to be put to actual use and not just system interrupts using all of it. I’ve also been getting bad cpu scores on cinebench r23 like 8500 on multi core. And all of my cpu and power problems happening after ryzenmaster reset to default settings cuz before that I was getting normal scores and system interrupts wasn’t there.
Edit: a guy on Linus tech tips forum told me my psu sucked and that I should not use it unless I want a 1.9v spike on my cpu. Only reason I haven’t been having these problems is that I had turned off pbo so cpu never boosted past 3.8ghz cuz my baseclock was 3.8. Anyways I’m selling that psu and buying another one. Also any tips on psu? I don’t want a psu that sucks at voltage regulation like mine does. Also don’t really care abt efficiency as long as it’s bronze but I’d want a 600 but 650 preferably. I got a 120$ Budget but I want it as cheap as possible but not sucky.

Last edited: