[SOLVED] Ryzen 7 3700x 40-50c idle temp

Aug 28, 2020
This is my pc: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hRfFzN

Right now, idle temp is high 40s and hitting the 50c mark on my cpu. Voltage is also quite high at 1.3V. I have the updated chipset driver and am using Ryzen's balanced power plan. Not sure if this is normal or not. Right now ambience is around 26c too.

I just built my first pc a couple days ago, and never knew this was a problem until now as many people have been complaining about the 3700x's high temp and voltage.

Solution
Oh okay. Load temp is usually around 50-60c. It doesn't really move up too much, depending on what I'm doing. I just wanted to see if these temps were normal because a lot of people seemed concerned. But I haven't really checked 100% under load yet or overclocked.

Is the voltage always that high though?
Voltage will vary with load, as long it's about 1.3-1.325 under load, all is more than good. 1.4v+ at idle is usual and normal, doesn't do any damage or even raise temps much because of low load (low Watts) at that time.
Aug 28, 2020
Idle temps in the 40-50 range? Wouldn't worry about it. My 3900X idles at 45C. Load temps is what you should check.
Oh okay. Load temp is usually around 50-60c. It doesn't really move up too much, depending on what I'm doing. I just wanted to see if these temps were normal because a lot of people seemed concerned. But I haven't really checked 100% under load yet or overclocked.

Last edited:

Voltage will vary with load, as long it's about 1.3-1.325 under load, all is more than good. 1.4v+ at idle is usual and normal, doesn't do any damage or even raise temps much because of low load (low Watts) at that time.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution
Aug 28, 2020
Okay, that's good to hear. It's usually 1.3-1.4V during load. I haven't tested the under load temps and voltages yet. So I don't have to change anything in BIOS?