Question same price amd rx 6800 and rx 7700xt help choosing

rmartins06112000

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
I found both the RX 6800 (Speedster SWFT 319 Core Gaming) and the RX 7700 XT (PowerColor Radeon RX 7700 XT Fighter) at the same price.
Now I’m torn between choosing a newer architecture or opting for higher VRAM.

Solution
I would go for the higher VRAM. In most games the 6800 is the better card, although this may not be true in the latest tiles, but they are very closely matched. I assume you're not interested in raytracing (otherwise you should go Nvidia), obviously the newer architecture is better at RT, but if that's not a concern then the 6800 is still a great efficient GPU.
I would go for the higher VRAM. In most games the 6800 is the better card, although this may not be true in the latest tiles, but they are very closely matched. I assume you're not interested in raytracing (otherwise you should go Nvidia), obviously the newer architecture is better at RT, but if that's not a concern then the 6800 is still a great efficient GPU.

Reactions: rmartins06112000
Solution

rmartins06112000

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
Thank you, yeah I'm not interested in raytracing, so if the newer architecture only has a bigger difference in RT capabilities, then I'm going with the rx6800.
Thanks again for the help.