[SOLVED] samsung 970 evo plus nvme running hot

Jul 4, 2021
Samsung 970 evo plus nvme when computer is idle temperatures are 47 to 54-degree celsius
i dont have any heatsink please help me what to do
thanks in advance

Solution
Your SSD is under the thermal limit, we see 20+ questions a month on hate. 19 out of them 20 are OK and in spec. When the part is running higher than thermal limit, then figure it out. If your under that, enjoy your PC and quit looking at temps!!
Jul 9, 2021
I have the same drive and it idles at 60-65°C. I have an EK heatsink on it which covers only the controller. There's a 120 mm fan blasting it constantly at 900-1000 RPM. Ambient is 30°C. What else could I try? It seems too high and it's impossible to get it cooler.
It's between the GPU and the CPU, but does it mean that that slot is basically unusable as it is too hot there? Seems wrong.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021
Your SSD is under the thermal limit, we see 20+ questions a month on hate. 19 out of them 20 are OK and in spec. When the part is running higher than thermal limit, then figure it out. If your under that, enjoy your PC and quit looking at temps!!
Yeah I decided there's nothing that can be done about it and it's been fine around 60°C. I stopped worrying.