Guyon_99

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hi, i just bought a new pc (3 days ago), these are the specs:

PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620M EC
CPU: Intel QuadCore IvyBridge i5-3570K 3,4Ghz
MAINBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 "Military Class III" Intel Z77
RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXM
GPU: Sapphire 11199-00-20G ATI HD7870 Ghz Ed. 2GB.

While playing wow and d3 my monitor turns black, it lose segnal and the pc makes a strange noise...

I had cata 12.3, i tried to upgrade to 12.4 eventho i heard 12.3 is suppose to be more stable...

This is really killing my morale, i just bought this new rig, any idea on how to fix it?

randomkid

Distinguished
Did you build the PC your self or buy it pre-built?

If you build it, make sure that all the connectors are fix ( no loose connections ) & there is no wire that blocks any fan ( common problem if you do not manage the cable ).

If it is pre-built, consider bringing it back to the store for check up.

Guyon_99

Honorable
May 23, 2012
It's pre-built.
The store gave me a certificate the had it up running for 48 hours with no issues.
If i don't open any game i have indeed no errors (so far..)

randomkid

Distinguished
Running for 48 hours is not guarantee. It does not mean anything... After all it could just be running idle.

You are still entitled for them to fix the problem when gaming because PC's (specially with specifications like yours) are supposed to do that.

Guyon_99

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Yeah i know, but all they could do is running the same checkup test i guess, and that would give no bad results again i guess, so i kinda need to get em doing the proper ones :\

randomkid

Distinguished
You can specifically show them during gaming the strange noises it makes & screen going black. If these are easily reproducible problem ( meaning you do not have to wait for hours for it to show it ), then they should be able to see it & can not deny that your PC have a problem.