Feb 9, 2019
Hello,

How fast should scratch disks be for Premiere Pro, 3D software and Photoshop? Is any SSD sufficient, or are there any recommended minimum read/write speeds?

OS and project files are on 970 EVO drives (so, pretty fast) and have 32 GB RAM.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: rcald2000
Solution
the difference between a fast and a slow ssd scratch drive might be measurable with the right equipment. I highly doubt you'll notice any difference. I used a 128 but it required frequent purging and i'd reccommend at least 256, particularly if you are also using it for lightroom/bridge.

passivecool

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
the difference between a fast and a slow ssd scratch drive might be measurable with the right equipment. I highly doubt you'll notice any difference. I used a 128 but it required frequent purging and i'd reccommend at least 256, particularly if you are also using it for lightroom/bridge.

Reactions: bestunta
Solution
Feb 9, 2019

I'm probably going for either a WD Blue 500GB or WD Green 480GB. If difference in performance as a scratch disk isn't noticeable, I guess I'll go for the Green.
Thanks!