TempTop

Reputable
Mar 9, 2020
[SOLVED]
Been playing a host of various small and big titles without any flickering what-so-ever. Come earlier this month I decided to boot up Skyrim: Special Edition and then when I alt-tabbed out of the game to work on the second monitor, came back and the monitor was flickering like mad, and now every game I boot flickers like crazy.

This is a brand new PC.

My AMD Radeon software was last updated on the 7th, but today I just updated again to ver. 20.7.2.
Windows version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Image 01
Image 02
It's not just purple and yellow it's a variety of colors that flashes rapidly.
*I apologize for the quality of the image(s).

What's causing this?

Last edited:
Solution
Fixed it.

Boot your PC into the support mode by holding Shift as you click the 'Restart' button (in Windows).

Set your launch to Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, go to your 'device manager' in Control Panel.

Go to your GPU, right-click on the name, select 'Uninstall Device', and then a window will appear and you click 'uninstall drivers'. (Your PC will still work in a limited resolution, no worries.)

Restart PC.

Check for Windows updates, install them.

Done.

Personally I haven't updated my GPU beyond whatever Windows update tossed into it, and I haven't downloaded Radeon Software. Works fine, no glitches anymore.

TempTop

Reputable
Mar 9, 2020
Fixed it.

Boot your PC into the support mode by holding Shift as you click the 'Restart' button (in Windows).

Set your launch to Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, go to your 'device manager' in Control Panel.

Go to your GPU, right-click on the name, select 'Uninstall Device', and then a window will appear and you click 'uninstall drivers'. (Your PC will still work in a limited resolution, no worries.)

Restart PC.

Check for Windows updates, install them.

Done.

Personally I haven't updated my GPU beyond whatever Windows update tossed into it, and I haven't downloaded Radeon Software. Works fine, no glitches anymore.

Last edited:
Solution