Question Screen flickering when NOT playing games.

May 17, 2023
So basicly I bought a new monitor and it's flickering while I'm not playing games. I bought Asus TUF Gaming VG249Q1R 1080p 24 inch 165 hz. I have it on 144hz because i don't want to overclock it. I've tried turning off and on all kinds of settings like amd freesync etc. And it's only flickering while i'm not playing games. I tried switching from displayport to hdmi and same thing keeps happening. I also installed colour profiles and drivers form the asus site. And when i put the monitor on 60 hz the flickering stops. I also used different display ports on my RX 570. Also when i open monitor settings the screen is flickering while the on screen settings are not affected by it. Anyone has any idea why is this happening??

PC specs

CPU: I5 10400
MBO: b460 pro vdh wifi with updated bios
RAM: Corsair 2x8 GB 3200mhz cl16
GPU: xfx RX 570 8gb
Power supply: BeQuiet system power 9 600W
Storage: 500gb wd blue sn570, 1TB toshiba dtct1000 hard disk

Thanks!

So basicly I bought a new monitor and it's flickering while I'm not playing games. I bought Asus TUF Gaming VG249Q1R 1080p 24 inch 165 hz. I have it on 144hz because i don't want to overclock it. I've tried turning off and on all kinds of settings like amd freesync etc. And it's only flickering while i'm not playing games. I tried switching from displayport to hdmi and same thing keeps happening. I also installed colour profiles and drivers form the asus site. And when i put the monitor on 60 hz the flickering stops. I also used different display ports on my RX 570. Also when i open monitor settings the screen is flickering while the on screen settings are not affected by it. Anyone has any idea why is this happening??

PC specs

CPU: I5 10400
MBO: b460 pro vdh wifi with updated bios
RAM: Corsair 2x8 GB 3200mhz cl16
GPU: xfx RX 570 8gb
Power supply: BeQuiet system power 9 600W
Storage: 500gb wd blue sn570, 1TB toshiba dtct1000 hard disk

Thanks!
Sounds like poor quality cables, and the 570 can't Handel certain frames properly at specific Resolutions especially with poor quality cables. This is the most common issue for flickering screens and generally best resolve for the problem is buy a quality cable that's Vesa certified.

May 17, 2023
Basicly it was some kind of gpu refreshing thing and it keeps my vram frequency on max on idle. And flickering happens because the I think msi afterburner wants to put frequency down or it just happens by itself and then frequency isnt high enough to sustain resolution. But basicly it was some kind of blanking thing and i used custom resolution to fix it. Here a yt video about it: How to FIX "VRAM Always at MAX FREQUENCY" Problem