Question Screen going black for a few seconds while gaming

khaani

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
So i recently build my new gaming pc and i have a problem while gaming. While playing games the screen goes black for a few seconds and then comes back. The game is still working if i press keys and move my mouse but my screen just goes black and then comes back on. Also when i have the game running in the background and do other stuff it doesn't happen only when im playing. With my previous pc ive never had te problem.

Im running 3 monitors, sometimes it happens to the right screen but most of the time to the middle one. The problem doesn't happen to the left screen (The only screen thats connected to hdmi) The left and right monitor are at 60hz and my main one is 240hz. And its not the cables because ive tried different cables. Ive also reinstalled my graphics card driver like 2 times and that didn't help. I saw somebody say that it could be my gpu overheating, so i put the fans really high and the temperatures were good but the problem still occured. The only thing i haven't done is reinstall windows. Why would this happen if it didn't happen on my previous pc with the exact same monitor setup.

Can someone please help me how to fix this i have litterly tried everything except for reinstalling windows. Anyone got any solutions?

Specs:

MOBO: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO
CPU: I9 9900K
AIO: NZXT KRAKEN X62
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHZ
GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO
SSD: T-FORCE DELTA 500GB X2
PSU: CORSAIR HX 850i

Last edited: