Jun 17, 2020
Hi all

I have a really strange issue, wondering if anyone has been it before?

https://ibb.co/jvqMhjr

I acquired a Xeon based system, it doesnt have a hard drive. And I have replaced the RAM, CMOS battery, VGA cable and monitor and I still get the above screen strangeness.

I think it might be mobo, vga port or PSU, they are my guesses. Has anyone had the same issue before?

Cheers

Creetack

Solution
Then it must be the graphic controller. If that is integrated on the motherboard - well, then the motherboard is just toast.
Jun 17, 2020
Hi Grobe

The first monitor is a HP ProDisplay P221, tried another monitor both have the issue. But both monitors work with another computer.

I tried a new power supply and for 3 mins it looked fine and then went all distorted again. Both power supplies dont have this issue when used on another computer.

Im at a loss, I can now only assume its the mobo?

Many thanks

Creetack

Jun 17, 2020
Hi Grobe

Yeah I'm thinking the mb is knackered!

Hi Gerald6049

Thanks for your response, yeah tried another cable and reseated it a couple of times. Sadly I dont have a discreet GPU I can try, I've been using the ports on the mobo.

Might be time for the mobo to be binned.

Thanks Both

Hi Grobe

Yeah I'm thinking the mb is knackered!

Hi Gerald6049

Thanks for your response, yeah tried another cable and reseated it a couple of times. Sadly I dont have a discreet GPU I can try, I've been using the ports on the mobo.

Might be time for the mobo to be binned.

Thanks Both
by the way, what is your mobo ? if they had integrated graphic, you can find the cheap used processor, then boot on it to make sure the motherboard is the issue.

Jun 17, 2020
Hi Gerald6049

Its a HP ML110 G5 DDR2 Motherboard Socket 775 Motherboard 445072-001 457883-001 ProLiant

However I do have a Power Edge SC4400 so good plan think I will try the Xeon in that, if it works fine then its the mobo.

Cheers