Question Screen turns off abruptly

Sep 8, 2019
My laptop is hp pavilion dv6 with 4 gb ram,2.8ghz and ATI radeon hd 4200 series graphics. It came with win7 but i installed win 10 later. The screen often turns off abruptly while playing games and when carrying out heavy load tasks. When it turns off, sound,wifi and harddisk's LED indicator turns red. The cpu fan doesnt shut down when this happens.I have to force turn off my pc and start again to start normally. Please help

Sep 8, 2019
HP do not seem to to have any Windows 10 drivers for the Pavilion DV6 series, that could be the issue, though I can't be absolutely certain unless you post the full model number eg Pavilion DV6-1200
(look underneath laptop for full model number).
Model: dv6-3019wm
Edit1: This problem started some weeks ago. I wasnt having this problem even though i had window10 installed. I even went back to windows 7 and this problem still appeared.
Edit2: From my laptop's manual, i found that when my harddisk indicator turns red it means the harddrive is temporarily parked by HP protectsmart (activated when the laptop falls off, to the ground). Please help me fix this problem.

Last edited: