SEA OF GLASS!!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
And btw, I am a white american, and I do not support israel, but muslim extremest/terrorists flying planes into buildings in my country do NOT help the situation.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Your over reacting there on the way israel was created, anyway religion is the world's biggest problem i believe. Never seen so much [-peep-] started over anything else.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Your over reacting there on the way israel was created, anyway religion is the world's biggest problem i believe. Never seen so much [-peep-] started over anything else.

Agree with the religion part.

Overreacting? Not really, the only time I give a rats ass about the middle east is when planes fly into buildings in my country, screw em all IMO.

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Overreacting/exaggerating refering to your little analogy as to how israel came about. They didn't create themselves, the UN did.

Screw em all would be the right answer if we could nuke it all and let them start over.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
They demanded that spot, the un had undisputed territory in southamerica that the israelis refused, they claimed a biblical right to that land, and because of the uns pity over the holocaust, they got it.

They chose palestine, they were not given palestine against their will. To blame their actions(mass movings out and refugee camps) on the UN is wrong.

texas_techie

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
The Indian analogy is a stretch. Biblically, the Hebrews came in and kicked the palestinians out. Several thousand years later, the UN gave the Jews the land again. Unfortunately, that land is deep in the heart of Muslim territory. It really makes you wonder what the world would be like if the Crusades had succeeded. Its likely the majority of the middle-east would be christian. hmmmmm.
From a practical standpoint, it doesnt matter how the land was given. To the palestinians who were "displaced" all they care about is they got kicked out. Imagine, your sitting in your house and the 7 o'clock news says: "Everyone in florida is gonna have to move, sorry!"

Which brings me to another interesting history question. Around 200 bc ( i think) the Jews had an uprising against the Roman empire. The Jews were crushed, and their temple destroyed. Now the temple is a HUGE deal to the Jews. So now that they have Israel back, why havnt they rebuilt it?

I understand the wailing wall ( one wall of the outer temple) is still there. But is there some reason they cant rebuild?

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.

MeldarthX

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2001
*Intel has never stolen anything.*

Oh, god, tell you didn't say that with a straight face. Do I correct you now? Or let you retrack that statement before you get beaten with it.....The choice is yours....

I'll give you a big hit, DEC....DEC....DEC.....Pentium Pro.....Pentium Pro........

Thank you for playing but we are out of time......

MeldarthX

ath0mps0

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002
Please, no one get mad at me, I'm not always like this, I hardly ever correct peoples little mistakes, that would be a trollish thing to do, but his message was SO grammatically incorrect that I couldn't resist!

its not that intel CANT make a good processor, its that they just dont try
Neither can I resist! peoples? PEOPLES? <b>PEOPLES</b>? That would be "people's little mistakes" to the literate amoung us. Plus, you have 5 sentences in one long run-on, and your sig has problems too: no capitalization; you're missing the apostrophes in 'It's", "CAN'T", "it's (again) and "don't"; it needs a semi-colon instead of a comma; and the period is missing.

It looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

I thought a thought, but the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I had thought.

eden

Champion
There's only one person who can answer us on this one!
Let's all go see John Edward on Crossing Over....
Man that guy really nails the dead well!

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

IIB

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2001
Hi... Just wanted to comment on the bombing of the power-plant.
I live in northern Israel right next to the border.
those strikes come as retaliation to terrorist organizations firing rockets from southern Lebanon to northern Israel – I know this as I live in a city (kiryat shemona) taking this kind of bombing for more then 20 years…

even today after Israel left Lebanon – those terrorist organizations still continue to try and draw Israel back to fighting – every few days they are firing on Israel planes and military posts along the border… they initiate. Since we left Lebanon 5 Israeli soldiers have been killed from such attacks. And so far Israel did not retaliate aginst Lebanon… but how-far will this last if nobody is to take action against such terrorist organizations… that’s up to Lebanon and Syria.

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled

eden

Champion
You reminded me of another point that leaves us still very vulnerable: Syria. Those bastards have been taking control of us, using us, destroying our independance. Beleive it or not, we are not able to fight them off, they keep bringing more and more soldiers to the country without knowing, and will try to annex us to take control. They are more terrorist than us too. If you have heard in summer last year, many were held captives in an area where some patriotic people were in a meeting trying to solve the problem and driving Syria out of the country. Then some Syrian soldiers came in and busted our own men to prisons when they have no right! Well one of them men, was my dad's cousin. I know him, all the family loves him, he was the most beloved in the prison too, that even the soldiers garding the cells were happy seeing him! He would do exercises by taking people and lifting them as weights! He's an athletic btw. He continued to persevere until he was let free after a bail. It was humiliating of our government. They didn't help, they didn't react, they still are showing fear towards the Syrians, letting them take even more control of us. Truly shameful. Our own government can't defend us... I was there last year in vacation, can't beleive we had a little ruined cuz of this. I beleive if we drive Syrians off the country, we could drive Hezbollah and be terrorsit-free once and for all.
Beleive me, my friends over there wish all the time to live peacefully, they hate terrorists, hate what happened in the US, and beleive whoever did it should die.

It's weird though how Lebanon is an extremly rich country contrary to what most think. Man my uncle makes so much per month, bought a diamond watch costing 7500$ to my aunt! He even bought a 3750$ US PC, a P4 1.7GHZ with 256RD RAM and everything maxed out. It was sooooo sweet to live on that! Also had that Samsung 170MP 17" LCD that costs 1700$ CDN here!

--

varlo

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
La journée que tu seras capable de me répondre en francais sans faute d'hortographe laisse le moi savoir , en attendent moi au moin je me force pour me faire comprendre dans une langue qui n'est pas la mienne. Tu n'as pas de leçon a donner a personne ici .

Je trouve ca bien drôle de voir a quel point les Américain tombe sur la défense quand ont leurs met la véritée direct dans la figure...

<A HREF="http://babelfish.altavista.com/" target="_new">Translate </A>

The faster a computer is, the faster it will reach a crashed state :eek:

varlo

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
Hitler was the most popular leader of the German nation ever. He was also the most popular leader any country ever had. One of the votes came in at around 98% for him.
Beleve me i dont want to start a war here and i never said that i admire the guy ,but look at your history books and you will se that the man was loved.How many other president or wathever came up at a 98% vote in a democratic country ?

What Hitler did was horrible and nothing can justify what he did , but BEFORE he became totally nuts for whanting a perfect race the guy was one the wolrd most repected leader.That was my point whit the Hitler thing.

varlo

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
Because they have no other choice to follow sadam and would most likely be killed if they had something to say about it. So just because he's in control of iraq doesn't mean people there "follow" him
Ok so if i get your post correctly the terrorist under Ben Laden are fallowing his orders because they are affraid to die? The same apply to Sadam , dont tell me that an entire nation is affraid of ONE man !!!
If Sadam was so hated in his country a civil war would had happened a long time ago .

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
Religion isn't the *devil*

The people who *organize* religion are the devils and that includes *Christians*..the Jerry Falwell's and Oral Roberts of the world, who use religion as a facade to generate fear and hatred.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
I didn't want to bring up the *Syria* issue Eden, but I think you prettymuch nailed it on that.

My mom and I were thinking about visiting Syria and Lebanon last fall but decided to go to Iran instead. The people there are very friendly...generally LOVE Americans...just don't like the govt.

And I won't go into my thoughts on the political issues there. However, if you want to read my little travelogue and editorial on Middle East peace, feel free to go here:

http://24.25.169.102/iran/

Mark-

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
A quote from the movie "The American President" goes something like this..

"In the absence of true leadership the public will listen to whatever they are told"

Meaning they listen to Saddam and to Bin Laden because there is nobody else TOO listen to or to follow.

Mark-

eden

Champion
Beleive me, if the arab world was rid of evil, it would be one of the most generous, most curteous, most respectable region of the world ever. I am saying this within my heart!

--

eden

Champion
When the Sept 11 attack occured, I was completely devastated by what my roots have done. I was so ashamed of who I am, I completly turned my face for some moments, forgetting who I am and where I'm from, I was just ashamed of how idiotic the arabs had become... It was truly something that made us with a bad face. I was like you, saying in my head: SCREW EM ARABS. Yeah even though I am one, they've really did it this time, it almost became a racist issue with me againt my own race! I was all angry, and each of those faces seen of the suspects, I had thoughts of how ugly they are, how I wanted to just kill them myself. It really had become a racist thought of me, but it's my own race, and I'm ashamed for what they've done. Although that is past, the only people I look at when talking about arabs, are the Christian ones, and the muslim like my friends. I barely look at those who make protests on streets, with big beards. Those I despise...

--

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm, hating terrorists isn't racist, hating an entire nation is.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

eden

Champion
You're right...heh.
That's how many think over there, it's sad really. They hate the entire nation, say it out loud, but don't know that most americans, are nice and decent. I don't hate any country, however I often have little thoughts that might sound racist. I heard once on TV that everyone is racist in their own small way, it's a fact we can't avoid. As long as it isn't heard out loud, and that it doesn't hurt the victim, we're fine.

--