SEA OF GLASS!!!!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bikeman

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
but BEFORE he became totally nuts for whanting a perfect race the guy was one the wolrd most repected leader.That was my point whit the Hitler thing.
Hmmm ... I don't know exactly. Hitler was a gunman in WWI and seized power in the early '30's, no? The book "Mein Kampf" was created in 1923-24, while Hitler was in prison. That leaves him 5 years at maximum that he could maybe be considered a sane person. Which he was never, according to me. He was a genius, but a frustrated one. He was loved by his ignorant or brainwashed countrymen, but he was never liked by the international community. Or at least, that's what I hope. Although Europe never acted against him. In his book, he wrote almost every single detail about what he was up to in WWII. Nobody took it seriously. But actually respecting him, no I can't believe that.

Israël? That is indeed one of the most complicated things in the world. The problem 's got roots that do go down to times when the Old Testament was written. It's a 3000 year-old conflict that was restarted after WWII. Let's all hope that a peace-proposal from inside the Arab world might solve this thing. At last.

America? Hmmm ... Now I have to watch my words, because if I were to express my feelings towards the USA (and especially its current president), I guess I would not be very wanted on this forum anymore. But those are my feelings, not my thoughts. Altough I have to admit many people from my 'entourage' (20 year-old students at the university) share my opinion. Bush was a wrong choice for the image building of America (if you can call the election to have been a choice ...). Clinton had a much more moderate aura. Bush looks like a radical idiot. I agree that they (you) have to act against whoever did what they did to America on the Eleventh of september 2001. But a general war against terrorism? I think that's too much. If they (you) want to spend your tax money on doing so, go on. But several hunderds of billions later, Bin Laden still lives. Ok, as a side effect Afghanistan was liberated from the Taliban, but I think that was only to cover up the revenge-only operation against Al Qaida.
Hehe, I'm really sorry about saying all this. I've never been there, but I can guess America is a wonderful country. I've never really met one, but I can guess Americans are extremely nice people. Only thing that should be altered is the American attitude to the outer world. They (you) are good, maybe the best, but such a thing you do not say yourselves. Be moderate. Be modest. Be gentle. And the world (or the students of the University of Ghent, Belgium) will like you a lot more.

Peace to everybody!
Bikeman

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
America? Hmmm ... Now I have to watch my words, because if I were to express my feelings towards the USA (and especially its current president), I guess I would not be very wanted on this forum anymore. But those are my feelings, not my thoughts. Altough I have to admit many people from my 'entourage' (20 year-old students at the university) share my opinion. Bush was a wrong choice for the image building of America (if you can call the election to have been a choice ...). Clinton had a much more moderate aura. Bush looks like a radical idiot. I agree that they (you) have to act against whoever did what they did to America on the Eleventh of september 2001. But a general war against terrorism? I think that's too much. If they (you) want to spend your tax money on doing so, go on. But several hunderds of billions later, Bin Laden still lives. Ok, as a side effect Afghanistan was liberated from the Taliban, but I think that was only to cover up the revenge-only operation against Al Qaida.
Hehe, I'm really sorry about saying all this. I've never been there, but I can guess America is a wonderful country. I've never really met one, but I can guess Americans are extremely nice people. Only thing that should be altered is the American attitude to the outer world. They (you) are good, maybe the best, but such a thing you do not say yourselves. Be moderate. Be modest. Be gentle. And the world (or the students of the University of Ghent, Belgium) will like you a lot more.

What's wrong with bush? He's getting things done, clinton did nothing, and would still be doing nothing if he was still in there...he's too worried about the next piece of ass.

So your saying your against a war on terrorism? Say that to yourself, because that makes no sense to me. Bin Laden may be alive, he may not be...we might not ever know but that's not the main objective. BTW, whois covering stuff up about al-qaida? I think it's pretty clear we were there to take them out and get rid of the Taliban. And think twice about bush, he's surrounded by an incredible assorment of people and he's making your world a safer place.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

bikeman

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
I agree with everything you say, but Bush, I'm sorry ... Probably the most powerfull man in the world not knowing the difference between deflation and devaluation ... Sad. And again, I know this is just a single example. Also, Bush probably isn't stupid. You don't get the White House key being stupid. But he has an idiots image to me. Maybe it's our media here in Europe that make him look like this, by accentuating his mistakes.
However, one thing I really don't like about him is his view towards ecology. <What follows is my exagerrated unsalted impression> "Kyoto? Damn, we'll have to quit producing cars that consume double the amount they should. Damn, we'll have to quit producing electricity in our brute-force ways. Damn, we'll have to get refined in our technology. Oh hell, so we just don't comply to Kyoto. Hell with the future of the world. Let's dump as much CO2 as we can." <End of unsalted and exagerated part of post> Also the things going on in Alaska is terrible. A priceless piece of nature will be lost when he continues drilling for oil there. Economics are important, but please take nature into account, too. And Bush appears not to.
And then that war against terrorism. In se that is a good thing. Terrorism is something that should be stopped. I totally agree. But I am not totally in favour of the way it is fought today. Do you actually realise how many innocent people died back there in Afganistan? I won't put a number, but if I would, it would be a mutiple of 1000, I think. That should not happen. What is happening now in the Phillipines, a couple of houndreds of Americans to batlle against, or to help in batlle against terrorism, is much nicer, imho. No 500 kton bombs. No half a billion $ bombs. Moderate, modest and gentle, as I stated above.

Bush is radical, radical is not the way. I think Bush sucks. Logical, no?

BTW, the previous ending of my post, I really meant that.

Greetz,
Bikeman

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Do you actually realise how many innocent people died back there in Afganistan? I won't put a number, but if I would, it would be a mutiple of 1000, I think.
You have no proof to base that claim on!

I think Bush sucks. Logical, no?
I find that your claims completely illogical. You have no proof against Bush. I have Digital Cable and BBC World and I find that their news about the progress of the U.S. in the war against terrorism is quite limited to an American station such as MSNBC.

I'm not an American but I think George W. Bush is the best President the U.S. has had since George Bush. Clinton was a joke. Then again, that's just my opinion.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
The Media always prey on mistakes and that's all they show for the most part. Anyhow, don't you in germany not use catalytic converters on your cars? Before we start down this ecology road =p.

If you got any reliable source showing even over 100 supposedly innocent people dying in afganastan i would like to see it. I don't think you realize how precise we can be with our attacks, the taliban made thier choice and we took it to them and without harming too many people. If there was thousands of innocent people dying do you think we'd let that go on?

Trust me, there will be another coutry *iraq* that will not cooperate and will be made an example of again since they didn't get the point the first time. Just taking out some smaller targets while they plan thier next big move.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>

bikeman

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
AMD_Man, you take out the most vulnerable parts of my posts. I try to make founded statements, and you leave out the fundations. "I think Bush sucks." Is such a statement and I expained why I think so. But all of the things I say, I give you as my personal opinion. No more, no less. And in that context, I say you again: Clinton was a better president of the USA than Bush Jr. is being now. This is a forum and imho it is a place in which you express your personal opinion. I do so. You do so. Hmmm ... What am I defending myself? Let's just sit and watch the show ...

<i>Then again, that's just my opinion.</i> Hmmm ... Have I got your permission to make that my signature? Think it are wise words ...

Grtz,
Bikeman

bikeman

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
It's Belgium, and we do use catalic convertors.

Very precise bombs fail, too, you know. Remember the Chinese embassy during the strikes in Yougoslavia? And yes, I might have exagerated, but over 100, yes. I am sure. I won't be capable of showing you documents about that, though.

Iraq will be hard, very hard. And dangerous. Iraq has got nasty weapons, and most of all, a nastyly powerful leader. By the way, what terrorist action Iraqies have done (honestly, I don't know)? I am afraid attacking Iraq might lead to worse things than we have seen past half a year ...

Anyway, I'm not the right person to defend every single post that replies to my anti-American one. I assumed I would get a lot of reaction, but I just said what I was thinking. As I said to AMD_man, I'm going to watch the show pass in front of me, now. But please do try me out. Who knows, maybe I'll post even another time ...

Greetz,
Bikeman

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Clinton was a better president of the USA than Bush Jr. is being now.

225+ million americans will disagree with you.

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002

Ok as far as i remember germany doesn't and that woulda been pretty hypocritical of you so say that stuff about the environment =).

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Ok, sorry, I do still respect your opinion although I don't agree with it.
Then again, that's just my opinion. Hmmm ... Have I got your permission to make that my signature? Think it are wise words ...
Yes you can use that. :smile:

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002

Ok as far as i remember germany doesn't and that woulda been pretty hypocritical of you so say that stuff about the environment =).

Very precise bombs fail, too, you know. Remember the Chinese embassy during the strikes in Yougoslavia? And yes, I might have exagerated, but over 100, yes. I am sure. I won't be capable of showing you documents about that, though.

See i don't believe that, and have seen nothing to show otherwise. Yes they do miss thier marks rarely, but in afganastan's case i haven't seen anything to show that it was a signifigant amount of people(only a couple).

Iraq will be hard, very hard. And dangerous. Iraq has got nasty weapons, and most of all, a nastyly powerful leader. By the way, what terrorist action Iraqies have done (honestly, I don't know)? I am afraid attacking Iraq might lead to worse things than we have seen past half a year ...

What haven't they done? We shoulda finished the job back in Desert Storm but we didn't. Sadam needs to be taken out of power, plain and simple. They will not let inspectors in to see what thier producing like they agreed to and thier a hostile nation in general. Haven't kept up on the antrax stuff but they were a major suspect in that.

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Whoops hit reply to early up there...

varlo

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
Man now I'm gonna get blasted here but hey lets go for it....

Bikeman I totaly agree whit you on the Bush part and the deads too in Afhgan, targeting systems are not perfect and they will never be ,like technologie is not (i.e. Windows) .

I live 1 1/2 hour from USA ,I am American from birth (i came to life in Castro Valley CA) and German by root and I grew up in Canada (I now live in Montreal), but the way this war is getting at it totaly nuts , soon, i'm afraid, it's going to be call to WW3 ,this should stop now , target the LEADERS of all this ,not a Nation , Afhgans people ,i'm shure of it ,never asked for this "holly" war agains terorism and they never asked to get shoot at every day , ok the liberation of Al'Quaid was a real good thing for those peoples ,but at what prices,this we will probably never know ,as I said before ,what exacly do our good <font color=black>gouverment</font color=black>(happy willamette?) let us know what is appening over there ?

Whenever you tell something bad about Americans they will go in the defense mode and wont look at it in a objetive matter.

As a Canadian I can tell you that our gouverment is a joke and laughtable ,if someone desagree whit this ...ok I dont care, because this is my PERSONAL opinion (America and Canada).

The faster a computer is, the faster it will reach a crashed state :eek:

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
You still spelled government wrong...

Anyway we didn't target the nation, and there isn't some holy war against terrorism. "Holy war" is thier thing, not ours. Canadians really shouldn't get into political stuff, all ya gotta know is your safe and we're in front of ya =p.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I'm not an American but I think George W. Bush is the best President the U.S. has had since George Bush. Clinton was a joke. Then again, that's just my opinion.

LoL.

Republicans suck IMO.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
Zlash Please do NOT speak for ME and the other 250 or so Americans. Speak for yourself only. If you think 95% of Americans think Bush is a better president or doing a better job than Clinton, I suspect you are very wrong. Bush is simply taking good advantage of the WTC tragedy to garner political support and the support of the general country.

Mark-

Thanks-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
Bike,

If you met my mother and I when travelling you would get a horrible impression of Americans!

We bicker and argue constantly! Our guides sometimes smile when they hear us bickering though :)

Luckily we've only taken 3 trips together

China, Tibet and Mongolia in 1999, Nepal, Bhutan and Sikkim/WestBengal, India in 2000 and Iran last year.

But we've bickered on all 3 trips!

Mark-

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
I'm not speaking for them, his approval rating speaks for itself and i didn't include everyone hence the 80-90% approximation of 225 million.

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
Funny...at least 40% of the folks I talk to frequently think Bush is adequate at best and they agree that his approval rating would still be in the 40% (one of the lowest for first year presidency in 100 years, btw) if it weren't for 911.

ANY poresident would likely have approval ratings as high as Bush under the circumstances. So the comparison doesn't work. It's a similar situation to 12/7/41.

Mark-

kusek

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
However, one thing I really don't like about him is his view towards ecology. <What follows is my exagerrated unsalted impression> "Kyoto? Damn, we'll have to quit producing cars that consume double the amount they should. Damn, we'll have to quit producing electricity in our brute-force ways. Damn, we'll have to get refined in our technology. Oh hell, so we just don't comply to Kyoto. Hell with the future of the world. Let's dump as much CO2 as we can."
Kyoto is a bad treaty and that is why so many people are against it. It forces the US and developed countries to strict standards that are required so soon that it would hamper our economy. It would be like saying since smoking is bad for you we will ban all cigarette sales tomorrow. Can you imagine the chaos?? A more logical step is to keep telling people how bad they are and raise the taxes on them every so often to discourage people to quit. At $5 a pack more people will quit, at $10 even more but I don't think we can just outlaw them. Same thing with Kyoto and pollution. Improve standards so new cars, power plants, etc. are friendlier to the environment while imposing fines, taxes on outdated ones to force them into being obsolete. This is the best way to achieve the goal without killing the economy at the same time.
The worst part about Kyoto while it is strict on the US it lets developing countries (China, etc.) do what ever they want with very little regulation. All the improvements that the developed countries have to comply with would be far offset by the pollution in these other countries. Result = worse air. I think Kyoto is just meant to stick it to the US rather than to improve pollution in the world as a whole.

kusek

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2001
Approval rating does not mean that they like them better than clinton.
Mickey Mouse would be better than Clinton. IMHO. You need to talk to someone who grew up in Arkansas. All (well, most all) of what he and his wife did in their lives involves Lying, Cheating, and Stealing for their benefit only. He may have had good intentions at one time but he and Hillary would do anything (and I mean ANYTHING) to get what they wanted. He got lucky on the economy because the '94 elections changed control of Congress and he wisely took away their agenda and made much of it his own. No national health care, force able-bodied people on welfare to go to work, etc. He is a smooth operator, like a chameleon, changing his skin as he needed to fit in with whatever the latest trend was or what group of people he was speaking to. This doesn't make someone a good president or even a good person IMO.

eden

Champion
Ahhh who cares. Clinton brought some comic relief IMO! All he did was stories to keep our lives entertained! I mean when was politics this funny!
Although I can't say anything about Bush, I do approve of what he has done recently. I have nothing against him but at first in the elections, I kept saying: We want Clinton back!
Lol politics are funny when they are messed up...

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!