Question Seagate IronWolf Pro NAS 4tb not working, making loud mechanical sound (video attached), Can i fix it ?

Jul 4, 2021
Hi all, just bought new pc and all is working fine except HDD.
Seagate IronWolf Pro NAS 4tb - short video with sound to show the problem under that link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c46JKS-MWf6c04scO__Yqlyp6qaNtnqB/view?usp=drivesdk
If the video wont load up,. ill reupload it on Vimeo.
Basically it is making really loud mechanical noise, like the arm on the disk is just going back and forth.
I am unable to check if BIOS detects it, because when start PC it wont pass the first black screen. No chance to even enter BIOS.
I do have M.2 SSD NWMe PCIE4.0. My MB supports it, i installed windows on already. All working fine. It might block the SATA ports, but SATA1 should be fine according to the manual. And thats where i connected my IronWolfHDD.

MB: MSI Mag Tomahawk z570.

Any ideas what`s wrong with it ? Is it mechanical issues (definitely sounds like one) ? Do i need a new one ?

Jul 4, 2021
Yes , its brand new. Well shame.
Could it get damaged during transport ? it came only in that anti-static bag. Not even in a box. I mean it was inside big box with all the other components. But it wasn't perfectly tight inside.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes , its brand new. Well shame.
Could it get damaged during transport ? it came only in that anti-static bag. Not even in a box. I mean it was inside big box with all the other components. But it wasn't perfectly tight inside.
Could it be DOA?
Sure...it happens.

Brand new, making weird noises, can't do anything with it....sounds like a DOA to me.
Rare, but it happens.

Jul 4, 2021
Update, i got new hdd, from WD. Works fine. Other one got send back to the manufacturer apparently, but i got refunded , so there was some issue with it.