[SOLVED] Seasonic M12-II EVO and Kraken x52 question.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
hey folks any pros out there than can help me with this, is the seasonic m12-ii evo (750watt) still a good PSU for an i9 9900k + rtx 2070 and is the Kraken x52 enough to cool an i9 9900k.

Solution
I can not give you a definite answer on the Kraken x52 as its max cooling TDP numbers are not published by the manufacturer. As for the M12-II EVO I can say that it is still a decent power supply. If you are willing to spend more there are more advanced designs with better compatibility with advanced sleep states available, higher efficiency and more safety features. That being said the M12-II EVO is a good value for what you pay. I use the Seasonic S12-II EVO 520W which is basically the same power supply with fixed cables and have had no issues powering both my i5-2500k system and my AMD Ryzen R5-1600 @ 3.875GHz.
I can not give you a definite answer on the Kraken x52 as its max cooling TDP numbers are not published by the manufacturer. As for the M12-II EVO I can say that it is still a decent power supply. If you are willing to spend more there are more advanced designs with better compatibility with advanced sleep states available, higher efficiency and more safety features. That being said the M12-II EVO is a good value for what you pay. I use the Seasonic S12-II EVO 520W which is basically the same power supply with fixed cables and have had no issues powering both my i5-2500k system and my AMD Ryzen R5-1600 @ 3.875GHz.

Reactions: j3ster
Solution

TRENDING THREADS