seba3886

Commendable
Dec 21, 2017
Hi, ill try to make this as clear and short as possible. I bought a second hand reference Rx 570, and I tried installing it on my dads battlestation which has a pentium g4560 paired with a h110m-pro-vd-plus, a Rx 460 and a 400w psu. (Windows 10 x64)
So after plugging in the Rx 570 I started the system in safe mode, uninstalled all the previous drivers with DDU, and after that I installed the Rx 570 drivers from amd page.
Device manager recognized the card after that as a Rx 570, but it said that windows disabled it because it presented itself with an error code 43.
Also whenever I try to open amd settings it says that there is no graphic driver installed or it is not working properly.

Things Ive tried so far:

-Installing older drivers (always uninstalling previous with ddu first)
-Updating chipset drivers from motherboard
-Everything from here Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems
-Secured the 6pin connector from the gpu (Just in case it was not getting enough power)
-Uninstalled device AND drivers from device manager
-Hard restart / shutdown several times and pushed the power button for 1min+

Im running out of ideas and I dont want to think that the card is indeed broken, what else can I try to install the card?
Should I re-flash the bios?
Thank you in advance.

PD: Tomorrow Im planning on building a brand new system with this card, so I will know if this is a gpu issue.

Looks like someone sold you and gpu that had broken think the code 43 means it has failed so I suggest return it to the seller

Try these steps and see if it fixes

seba3886

Commendable
Dec 21, 2017
Ok thank you for the quick response, I will try that as soon as I get home from work.
Also, do you know where can I get the original bios from my card? I already searched on https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ but my card manufacturer is AMD, which is not listed there. I may as well try that before giving up

Edit: Ok good news, the seller contacted me and gave me a bios backup he had for some reason, and that bios fixed everything, the card works like a charm now.
Already tested with benchmarks and everything works as expected.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited: