[SOLVED] Second nvme drive not showing when set to raid

cronus.jitter

Commendable
Jul 2, 2018
so i previously built a semi new rig and when board is srt to raid mode the second nvme drive is no longer detected. Im aiming to set both drives in raid 0 but this has stopped me from doing so. Pcie raid mode is also enabled for m.2 raid but still same result with only 1 nvme drive detected. Any help would greatly be appreciated. The specs are as followed.

Evga x299 ftw k
I9 10920x
4x8 corsair vengeance pro rgb
2 sabrent rocket 1tb nvme ssds
RTX 2080TI FE
EVGA 1000G2

Edit: so i believe i found the problem but now i have to solve this problem. So by the looks of things 1 nvme is linked to the cpu and the other to the chipset. After an hour of playing with cpu storage configurator i couldnt get both drives to show up on either one at the same time. Best thing i can probably do at this point is see about going nvme raid 0 card.

Last edited:
Solution
I wouldnt bother trying to do this as your maximum bandwidth is limited by the dmi 3.0 link to the cpu which is only pci-e 3.0 x4 speed anyway which is equivalent to the speed of just one of your nvme drives so all you would be gaining is double the chance of lost data

If you want to do it anyway there may be a way to use cpu lanes instead of chipset ones with intel vroc but I don't know too much about this maybe someone else can chime in on that point

dj1997

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I wouldnt bother trying to do this as your maximum bandwidth is limited by the dmi 3.0 link to the cpu which is only pci-e 3.0 x4 speed anyway which is equivalent to the speed of just one of your nvme drives so all you would be gaining is double the chance of lost data

If you want to do it anyway there may be a way to use cpu lanes instead of chipset ones with intel vroc but I don't know too much about this maybe someone else can chime in on that point

Solution

dj1997

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

Seems the only way you are going to gain anything is by using an m.2 x16 card that will allow you to use a slot that is linked to the cpu instead of chipset lanes