nishaburiy

Reputable
Mar 24, 2018
So I've recently upgraded my GPU and I don't have a DVI port on it anymore. Since I can only run 144hz on my monitor through DVI, I was wondering If I could keep my old GPU in a second PCI slot just as a video output while the primary GPU does all the work. I've tried to make it work but the pc just uses the GPU I plug the display into as the primary graphics card and puts all the load on it.
1st GPU is an Rtx 2080 and the second GPU is a Gtx 770 if that helps.

Thanks!

Solution
Could you please explain a bit more? I'm very confused about how running g-sync on amd relates to dual gpu systems. Sry xP
It is not. Your system won't be "dual gpu" It will have a passthrough gpu, and a working gpu.
The reason I suggested you look that up, is because some people have an nvidia passthrough gpu, and an AMD working gpu just so they have g-sync support, so the procedure should be similar.

EDIT: why don't you just use
DVI to HDMI adapters
So I've recently upgraded my GPU and I don't have a DVI port on it anymore. Since I can only run 144hz on my monitor through DVI, I was wondering If I could keep my old GPU in a second PCI slot just as a video output while the primary GPU does all the work. I've tried to make it work but the pc just uses the GPU I plug the display into as the primary graphics card and puts all the load on it.
1st GPU is an Rtx 2080 and the second GPU is a Gtx 770 if that helps.

Thanks!
Try looking in your nvidia control panel, i think you can give tasks to different gpu's there

Could you please explain a bit more? I'm very confused about how running g-sync on amd relates to dual gpu systems. Sry xP
It is not. Your system won't be "dual gpu" It will have a passthrough gpu, and a working gpu.
The reason I suggested you look that up, is because some people have an nvidia passthrough gpu, and an AMD working gpu just so they have g-sync support, so the procedure should be similar.

DVI to HDMI adapters

Solution

nishaburiy

Reputable
Mar 24, 2018

DVI to HDMI adapters
Thanks, I'll look into that!
If I want to get 144hz through an adapter I'll have to buy an expensive active adapter which at that point it would just be better if I just bought a new monitor xP
Just trying this as a last solution before I go out and spend money :D