Question Series x (console) fan question

Jan 25, 2022
I removed the fan from the console so I could clean it, and got obsessed with the idea that I damaged the fan connector or the motherboard connector, because I pulled a little hard on the cable and its a little loose
Is there any way to know if a fan is damaged?
For Now its seems normal but i cant get out the idea that i damage it lol..
How can i proof if the fan or motherboard connector are ok with the multimeter?

I removed the fan from the console so I could clean it, and got obsessed with the idea that I damaged the fan connector or the motherboard connector, because I pulled a little hard on the cable and its a little loose
Is there any way to know if a fan is damaged?
For Now its seems normal but i cant get out the idea that i damage it lol..
How can i proof if the fan or motherboard connector are ok with the multimeter?
If damged it just wouldn't spin.

D

Deleted member 14196

I don’t know why you would even touch it in the first place. I’ve had Xbox 360s and Xbox of all kinds that I bought on release when they were brand new and never cleaned them ever. They all live very long lives and we’re ended up giving away to people. In fact you voided any warranty that existed by opening it up. Consoles don’t need to be cleaned use them and leave them alone and if they need repair have a license repair technician do it

Like I said all of my consoles throughout the years I’ve had thousands of hours put on them and none of them have been cleaned or taken apart once

If the environment that you’re operating them in is that dirty then that’s your problem clean that up and you won’t have to take your console apart

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 25, 2022
I understand
For now it works fine, I do feel a vibration but I also had it before. Just in case, i order a replacement fan. More than anything, I am concerned that I may have damaged a pin on the motherboard connector. Is there a way to verify this?