Mar 3, 2019
Hi there,
I'm building my first computer setup at the moment.
My Setup at the moment is
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz (Cooler Included)
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB Armour OC Graphics Card
Motherboard: MSI b450M Pro - Vdh
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit
Storage: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD
2TB Swagate Barracuda Sata 6GB/s 128MB Cache HDD
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 650W 80+ Gold Full Modular Power Supply
Current Price in USD:1220.11
Maximum Budget in USD: 1500

I would really like to know if i could improve anything or if you have any suggestions and I was wondering if I need to buy a soundcard or dac/adc for my motherboard.

Thanks Heaps
Vincent

Edit: Please give mme some suggestions for a Case

Last edited:
Solution
Here is what im talking about:https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16813119098
Yes its about the best motherboard that is compatable with your cpu, but it has a near $300 price to match, explaining why it has much better audio and other benefits.
Id try the onboard audio with the board you listed and see if you want to buy a sound card. My mobo has a alc892 audio chipset and it sounds about average for on board audio to me using my cheaper headphones. Im not an audio expert by any means so i have no way to give you a definitive answer here. You will have to try yourself.

Printer Paper

Reputable
Mar 4, 2019
your build is pretty similar to mine, yet I'm having issues connecting the monitor. For ram, I have the same as you but more HZ. I would try to get around 3000HZ of ram like remixislandmusic said.

That motherboard has a realtek alc892 audio chipset. Some more expensive am4 motherboards like the rog crosshair Vii have a realtek alc1220 audio chipset that sounds much better according to some other forum posts. If you care about audio either get a better motherboard or buy a sound card. A usb dac+amp combo could also work.

Mar 3, 2019
That motherboard has a realtek alc892 audio chipset. Some more expensive am4 motherboards like the rog crosshair Vii have a realtek alc1220 audio chipset that sounds much better according to some other forum posts. If you care about audio either get a better motherboard or buy a sound card. A usb dac+amp combo could also work.
Do you know if the Crosshair Vii is compatible with all my other stuff?

Yes its about the best motherboard that is compatable with your cpu, but it has a near $300 price to match, explaining why it has much better audio and other benefits.
Id try the onboard audio with the board you listed and see if you want to buy a sound card. My mobo has a alc892 audio chipset and it sounds about average for on board audio to me using my cheaper headphones. Im not an audio expert by any means so i have no way to give you a definitive answer here. You will have to try yourself.

Solution
Mar 3, 2019
Thanks for the advice and suggestion