Seven GeForce GTX 670 Cards, Benchmarked And Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
On the Gigabyte card's page:

During the course of our testing, we effortlessly set this card to run at 1059 MHz, so we're not sure why Gigabyte held back so much. During testing, we overclocked this card to 1059 MHz quite easily, so we are somewhat surprised by the conservative factory overclock.

This seems to be saying the same thing twice. Error, or am I missing something?

user 18

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Also, the second chart on the 'Sound Level and Temperature: Overclocked' page is missing the 'Mhz' label on the speed for the Palit card. It should read '1059 Mhz', while it reads only '1059'.

FormatC

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2011
All cards were tested for our charts too (with BF3). Please wait a little bit, our team will update this results soon. :)

fantastik250

Distinguished
Love the video's on the graphic card sounds.

I am wondering, if it would make any difference for sound if the video card's fans were pointing down, instead of pointing at the side. Or if the fan's sound profile, would change because of the orientation of the card.

Sonny73N

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Where is this test lab located at? Middle East? Here in the US, most popular brands nVidia GPU are EVGA, MSI and I don't see they're on the list. That stopped me reading at page 2. Good night.

manwell999

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
"Rather, we suspect a driver problem. There doesn't seem to be any other explanation."

Tired of this kind of selection bias where any aspect that is subpar is dismissed as a driver issue. Another explanation is the spec sheets are misleading or the conclusions you have about what to expect from extra hardware capacity are wrong.

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Gigabyte GPUs have been really solid for the last few generations of nVidia cards. No signs they are letting the quality slip, which is great news.

deejaybos

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
I JUST ordered my EVGA FTW card after reading reviews on Newegg. I saw too many negative reviews on the ASUS based on the fact that their factory overclock was resulting in all sorts of video errors because of whatever reasons. People suspect it's because it was being pushed TOO far on the ASUS O.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.