Dec 17, 2021
When in game smokes are causeing my Computer to drop to 1-2 fps. I have noticed it's not everytime but when looking at my wattage for my 3080ti the drops only come when I hit higher than 330W. For the most part it's under that but when I look around or move in smoke it slowly creeps up to above 330W. Freezing the game but never crashing. I have a lap top and play PUBG on that but I never have this smoke issue ever.

Solution
When in game smokes are causeing my Computer to drop to 1-2 fps. I have noticed it's not everytime but when looking at my wattage for my 3080ti the drops only come when I hit higher than 330W. For the most part it's under that but when I look around or move in smoke it slowly creeps up to above 330W. Freezing the game but never crashing. I have a lap top and play PUBG on that but I never have this smoke issue ever.
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like...
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot if it was turned on by default, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios, then after updating bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. Look up in Control Panel Uninstall a Program, find AMD Chipset Software, if its already version 4.03.03, then you're good to go.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). If ram is 2 sticks only, put it on slot A2 and B2 (2 and 4). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution
Dec 17, 2021
Awesome thanks for the help everything's working great now had a couple setbacks a little earlier with my system crashing but for some reason I think it's because my CPU clock speed got set to 4.4 ghz so I dropped it to 4 and haven't crashed yet. And haven't had a single issue with the smokes.

Reactions: Koekieezz
Awesome thanks for the help everything's working great now had a couple setbacks a little earlier with my system crashing but for some reason I think it's because my CPU clock speed got set to 4.4 ghz so I dropped it to 4 and haven't crashed yet. And haven't had a single issue with the smokes.
so you did everything step by step in order? if you're not sure abt it you could save this guide later. The thing is after all is done make sure on GPUZ Resizable Bar, Above 4G Decoding, and Hardware Acceleration Graphic Scheduling is enabled. For the cpu clock, you could go and find PBO option, and enable (or enable advanced) it instead of downclocking the cpu (let the cpu clock on auto, and enable PBO or PBO Advanced, if you want to try undervolt it with curve optimizer).

also maybe want to try find enabling SR-IOV (usually on pcie subsystem settings) and IOMMU (on amd cbs option usually) 😹

Dec 17, 2021
So PBO is actually what clocked at the 4.4 and made it keep crashing I now have PBO on but I said it to 4.0 and I haven't had an issue yet. Either that or it was my XMP profile. I had it set to 4.250 the last time. Either way the stock on this was 3.6 I believe

Reactions: Koekieezz