[SOLVED] Should i get a new CPU or GPU?

darkom1973

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
My goal is to play new AAA (cyberpunk, stalker...)games at high settings 1080p at acceptable fps

Specs:RX 580 8GB stock
Ryzen 5 1600 OC to 1600X values
16GB 3200mhz RAM
Also budget is 11 000 czech crowns so around 500/550$

Solution
I'd say wait until the games come out.

If your system is doing just fine currently, then stick with what you have. Only when it hits the point where it falls short, or struggles to perform, should you consider upgrading.

Then, since that will be at some point in the future, prices might well be lower and possibly even better hardware available, so you'll be able to get better performance per dollar by then.
Sep 5, 2018
Well my plan is also a little futureptoofing as the RX 580 can run current games at full but not for long until it becomes just the minimum
The RX 580 should be able to run most modern games at very high settings with over 60fps unless the game itself is very taxing, which isnt alot of games right now, and the Ryzen 5 1600 is fine for gaming unless you're hitting a bottleneck (which you shouldn't). If you did want more performance and wanted to upgrade anyway, upgrade the gpu. You shouldn't really need to though. Also, what do you mean the RX 580 wouldnt be able to run games for long until it becomes the minimum? You have a while until the card even becomes considerably underpowered. But a bump in the gpu would be the best if you want to upgrade.

darkom1973

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
I considered buying the RX 5700 or R5 3600, the cpu is slightly out of question because id need a bios update (B350 MB) and wont support some new features + in userbench the difference between the 1600X and 3600 is just 20%

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'd say wait until the games come out.

If your system is doing just fine currently, then stick with what you have. Only when it hits the point where it falls short, or struggles to perform, should you consider upgrading.

Then, since that will be at some point in the future, prices might well be lower and possibly even better hardware available, so you'll be able to get better performance per dollar by then.

Solution