Should I get a single GTX 570, GTX 580, or should I crossfire 570's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

udontcme

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Hello! I've been a long time lurker on this forum, but never actually posted, so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong!
This is my first actual build, but I have upgraded before.
So, heres my question. With my setup, would it be okay to get a single 570, or should I save up a little more, and get a 580 or SLI 570's?
(EDIT) Or should I go with an AMD GPU? I haven't researched them that much, so any info would help!

Heres my setup:
Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Processor: Intel i7 2600k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 612 PWM
GPU: ?
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Hard Drive/SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1Tb/OCZ Agility 3
Optical Drive: Samsung Blu-Ray Drive
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M (I got a decent size just incase I did want to do SLI)
Case: Fractal Design Define XL
Monitor: SAMSUNG P2770FH 27" Monitor

I don't game a WHOLE lot right now, but I hope to do a little after this computer is built. But, I don't really know what games...
I'm also a fairly heavy media user. (Movies (Blu-Rays), and music)
Thank you!

Solution
Everybody is going to have their own opinion, so here's mine. If cost isn't the over-riding factor, I would go with the GTX 580. At 1080p resolution, you can play any game at max settings. Plus, there's always the option of adding a second one when prices come down... either new or used. The 850W PSU should be big enough, but check a PSU calc for some assurance.
http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/
To be honest, none of those choices you presented is going to cripple your gaming at 1920x1080.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Everybody is going to have their own opinion, so here's mine. If cost isn't the over-riding factor, I would go with the GTX 580. At 1080p resolution, you can play any game at max settings. Plus, there's always the option of adding a second one when prices come down... either new or used. The 850W PSU should be big enough, but check a PSU calc for some assurance.
http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/
To be honest, none of those choices you presented is going to cripple your gaming at 1920x1080.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.