Question Should I get an AM4 socket mobo right now for the Ryzen 5 3600, or wait until new mobos designed for it come out?

Jun 14, 2019
So as you may know, the Ryzen 3000 series are just around the corner, and I was planning on building a rig since my old laptop is slowly dying on me. I was wondering if it would be better to get a motherboard (specifically the
MSI B450-A PRO) now, and then the Ryzen 5 3600 when it comes out, or wait until mobo manufacturers release new boards that are ready for the Ryzen 3600.

(For anyone wondering, this is the PCPP url of my build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/fn6qcY)

Thanks in advance for the support!

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Thing is if you buy mobo you can't use with without a gen 2 cpu.There's already bioses out for the b450 to make space for the new ryzen cpu's.But idk how well they will work i am holding off on my bios update.I think the x570 mobo's are gonna be very expensive specially where i live.an rx 580 which are i think less that 200 usd we pay around 400 usd if you convert currency.I am waiting on the new 550 mobo's as that will most prob be a more budget orientated option - some features like less pci lanes etc.