[SOLVED] Should I update X470-F's bios?

Aug 17, 2019
I have bought a Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard (I'm using it with AMD Ryzen 7 2700X). I'm not sure should I update motherboards bios. I am not having any problems right now, I am just not sure will updating the bios bring better performance.

Solution
I have bought a Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming motherboard (I'm using it with AMD Ryzen 7 2700X). I'm not sure should I update motherboards bios. I am not having any problems right now, I am just not sure will updating the bios bring better performance.
The usual rule of thumb with BIOS updates is: if it ain't broke, don't.

If you're on a stable BIOS (and by now they definitely should be for Ryzen 2000 CPU's) and you don't have any issues that the new BIOS is specifically intended to resolve then I think you should not update it. In particular, the BIOS's for Ryzen 3000 CPU's offer nothing for Ryzen 2000.

If you're on a stable BIOS (and by now they definitely should be for Ryzen 2000 CPU's) and you don't have any issues that the new BIOS is specifically intended to resolve then I think you should not update it. In particular, the BIOS's for Ryzen 3000 CPU's offer nothing for Ryzen 2000.

Solution
Aug 17, 2019

Thank you for answering!