[SOLVED] Should I upgrade my current NVIDIA GTX 1080?

lunarfreakz

Honorable
May 7, 2018
Dear Community!

I currently have this graphics card in my PC:
- VGA Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC

I bought it almost 2 years ago and I am wondering if it's time to upgrade to any newer graphics cards?
I saw that the RTX series came out and it caught my attention but I do not know anything else.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
No you shouldn't.

Upgrade every other generation. Paying a premium to upgrade now to hedge against what might come in the future is silly. Upgrade when you need too.

FWIW, I too have a 1080 and am waiting for the 3080ti for my next upgrade.
The question is simple does the GTX 1080 satisfy you with the performance of the games you play? Personally i believe there is nothing worth it right now in the market to replace a GTX 1080. You will pay 530-550$ for an RTX 2070 Super for 20% performance. New cards from NVDIA and AMD are close i would just wait for them.

lunarfreakz

Honorable
May 7, 2018
The question is simple does the GTX 1080 satisfy you with the performance of the games you play? Personally i believe there is nothing worth it right now in the market to replace a GTX 1080. You will pay 530-550$ for an RTX 2070 Super for 20% performance. New cards from NVDIA and AMD are close i would just wait for them.
Yes it does satisfy me however, I have been playing Call of Duty: Warzone and my GPU rises to temperatures around 73-76 degrees celsius which is why I am worried that the next coming up games will be more and more demanding. However, it does satisfy me more than enough in other games, no complaints.

Oh so the RTX series is not from the NVIDIA or AMD series?

Yes it does satisfy me however, I have been playing Call of Duty: Warzone and my GPU rises to temperatures around 73-76 degrees celsius which is why I am worried that the next coming up games will be more and more demanding. However, it does satisfy me more than enough in other games, no complaints.

Oh so the RTX series is not from the NVIDIA or AMD series?
RTX are from NVIDIA. I have a 1070 Ti and an RTX 2080 because i need to use 2 computers. I can say you that is not worth it. As for the temps 73-76C are safe for a gpu you probably have a case with bad airflow or lack of case fans.

Reactions: lunarfreakz