[SOLVED] Should I upgrade my current system or wait for Ryzen 3rd Generation?

Feb 13, 2019
2
0
10
0
Hi, with the near release of Ryzen 3rd Generation, I'm having trouble deciding what to do. I currently have the following:
i7-3770
Biostar H61MLV
Deepcool Ice Edge Mini
8gb DDR3 1866 (running at 1600MHz) HyperX Fury
MSI GamingX RX 470 4GB
128gb SSD
500gb HDD
Seasonic M12 EVO 620W

Ok here goes my problem, My processor runs at 70-80C while gaming already did replace thermal paste, didn't solved the problem.Second, I'm experiencing
fps drops in-game, I borrowed a 4gb RAM from my friend, used it for a week and I have concluded that adding 4gb RAM(8gb+4gb) solved the problem though I have to return it to my friend. I'm planning to buy a Cryorig H7 and a 4gb RAM for my current system so I can continue to use it for a year or two and spend money on my peripherals. While I also have plans for selling my current processor,ram and motherboard to get a Ryzen 5 3600, a compatible motherboard and an 8gb RAM once released.

Can you please help me decide what is the best to do?
 

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
1,201
1
19,660
228
It depends on whether you can wait until Q4, it will be awhile after the release before supply and prices stabilizes.

You can always build a R5 2600 system now and then upgrade the cpu later.
 

asoroka

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
1,201
1
19,660
228
It depends on whether you can wait until Q4, it will be awhile after the release before supply and prices stabilizes.

You can always build a R5 2600 system now and then upgrade the cpu later.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS