Should Intel Have Put Restrictions on OEM Equipment?

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
With The Nasdaq down, I Remember It used to be around 8000-10,000 Index and NYSE was 13,000 in 1998-1999, losts of Companies lost money and stock shares, Should Intel Have put a restriction due to Freon Liquid Cooling beingon the Market During the Time of AMD XP1500 1.33GHZ Palmino .18micron such as Limiting OEM's Sales Only to People with Certifications working at a Repair Center? Reason Being:

Profit Margin for Intel Chips went down, due to overclocking AMD proccessors, and get them for Cheaper Prices with No Plating on Top such as Intel Proccessors, or System Builders such as Alienware-Voodoo Computing-Falchon Northwest-Raidmaxx! Even with Restrictions on the Athlon 64/FX series only system bus overlockable meaning you needed faster memory speeds and cas latency and other memory timings! AMD and Intel Cross Licensed alot of tech which diffused some of the lawsuits so things seem settled!

With Automotive Liquid Cooling Should Intel Put Restrictions to the Public have One Generation behind of Technology, For Instance Level-2 Cache instead of Level-3 Cache, also alot of people like to hack, and maybe ship things overseas not worrying out purchasing warranties! Intel Took some Minor market share with Retail Price Cuts such as Duron-600MHZ hitting the Celeron, and overclockable and putting a dent on the P-III 500 with 1/3 speeds L-2 Cache of Proccessor! Athlon XP Lowered some margins, and ATHLON FX Series Raised prices to 1,000 along with the Pentium-D!

Too many people complain about AMD being the Underdog but have made great moves over the years! Intel had many business partners and tough for them to defect to AMD! As for me I relate to FX series not an Operaton type of person or Rendition, kinda like the Xeon Brand Name, 1st proccessor to have Level-3 Cache from Intel!

Economy is Tough and Nasdaq is still recovering, but some impressive tech be released wasn't so much impressed with 2006-2009! Bringing out Icores with Level-3 Cache ws impressive, and dueing Demo Rep for Dell-Intel got be back to thinking about getting back into IT with a New Certification like a Strata IT or A+2011 or a Dell Certification!

All in All Overclocking put a Dent on IT profit Margins, and Housing bills some people had fires, ruined electrical outlets and blew out alot of power
Supplies! :hello:

I didn't. And the people that know what they are doing didn't. And the people who bought reasonable power supplies instead of generic junk didn't blow a single power supply.

The rest of your post is rambling and incoherent. And rereading didn't help.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

Well I didn;t have problems either I used an APC ups, Some people are sloppy not cautious, maybe blew a few capictators or transitors on the mainboard which lead to more stuff in the air and made them mess up more! You need to test in increments and takes a while and the burn in test (sandrasoft) lets you know if you make it or break it in Gaming!

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Intel might take a hit in Retail Market Share but not higher Corporate Environment or Medium Business! Only way it affects them is AMD the underdog as labeled wins the younger generation in Popularity and more R&D engineers join them, and their R&D teams get old!