Sign-In Migration Megathread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
Most log in issues can be resolved by deleting your browser cookies and using your e-mail to log in. When deleting cookies, you'll need to find any associated with tomsguide.com, tomshardware.com, and tomshardware.co.uk. If you are not having issues logging in DO NOT delete your cookies.

I repeat, if you are NOT having any issues logging in then DO NOT delete your cookies.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lumineZ : "Login, login, login....."

It shouldn't do that. Make sure cookies are enabled for your browser. Also save password if it's a personal computer to save you some time of re-entering info.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

This is good to hear and should be repeated:

If you're having issues logging in with your username, try your e-mail instead.

Well it seems deleting cookies solved the problem, at least for now.

Cookies are enabled. Passoword is saved.
Everything is like it used to be in every way exept this login "problem"

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Are you using an adblocker or cookie blocker such as Adblock or Ghostery? This could be causing the cookies from being saved properly. If all else fails please delete your cookies and try to log in using your e-mail address.

No I am not using anything like that.
So I have tryed deleting everything related to the internett like log, cookies, etc etc. Exept uninstalling the browser.
Tryed to log in by E-mail. Close the browser after I have logged in = Sign in.....
Delete everything again.
Tryed log in by username. Close the brower after I have logged in = Sign in...........

Tryed this 3 - 4 times with eatch metode with same login trouble. I even logged in and went to this post straight away to type this and I was logged out when I clicked to enter this post...

Everything seems to be working great on my end since it is only this forum I have this problem with, not one other place.

Sooooo did someone who was doing this update do a brainfart and messed up something :D :D :D

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there all,

We've identified a major issue that is preventing a certain group of users from being able to login, or reset their passwords. The dev team is currently working on a fix for this issue, so please bear with us.

If you are experiencing an issue with sign-in and you've performed all of the above checks and potential fixes, and you still aren't able to reset your password or are receiving an error that completely prevents access to your account, please contact us via email at community@tomshardware.com so we can track your case individually.

-JP

I was looking for that link too. I needed to delete a duplicate reply. The only way to do that was to go into my Tracked threads list to be able to edit or delete my article comments.

D

Deleted member 217926

It's a known issue that they're working on. Hopefully soon.

You should be able to go to the appropriate Comments section and find the thread until then as well. ( I think all users can see Reviews comments, News comments and Photo reports comments. )

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/

I get no email for new badges, replies or anything forum related even though I have it enabled. Enabling email replies on topics does nothing. No email notice of badges, replies, private messages or newsletters in years (since last migration).

Yes my email is correct, yes it is enabled in my profile. Yes I have tested this recently with topics by enabling email notification. Purch doesn't seem to have an issue with sending surveys to me though.

markbanang

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
It is disappointing to find the new login screen wasn't very password manager friendly.

On Linux, with Firefox ESR 52.2.0 (64-bit), KeePass 2.3.2 and PassIfox 1.2.2 when I fill in the user and password automatically, the username erases itself before I can click the login button. To log in, I had to manually copy and paste each field manually.

D

Deleted member 217926

The frontpage still logs me out anytime I close the browser. I'm logged in if I click a link in the Forum Live Feed or go directly to the forum though so it's just the frontpage.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
As anort3 identified above, you may experience a cookie mismatch error. You may have to login separately to either the main site or the forum page. Apologies for the inconvenience. Our developers are working on fixing this issue.

Users have been asking how to change the associated e-mail address. The procedure we send them to has them go to their account page and click on "add account" under "Related accounts". However, that link has now disappeared. At present there is NO way to change the associated e-mail address.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Could you e-mail us directly? community@tomshardware.com

TRENDING THREADS