bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Moved the sky Q Booster into my room from my brothers and wandering if this will allow me to plug my ethernet into it and allow my to get wireless internet? The card I'm getting is 2 slots wide and doesn't allow much room for a WiFi card and the router would need 20m of ethernet to reach it. Also saves me money instead of spending it on powerline since I can get it later.

Solution
Assuming it can connect to the router via wifi you can use the ethernet port. It would in effect act as a wifi nic connected via ethernet. It still will suffer all the issues of a repeater since it is intentionally transmitting a copy of all the wifi signals it gets which cuts the overall bandwidth.
Assuming it can connect to the router via wifi you can use the ethernet port. It would in effect act as a wifi nic connected via ethernet. It still will suffer all the issues of a repeater since it is intentionally transmitting a copy of all the wifi signals it gets which cuts the overall bandwidth.

Solution

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
I know. I'm just querying if it would work because I have never tried it and just about to start buiding this week when I get the parts.