May 8, 2022
I recently built a new computer and while plugging in my headphones i heard a very quiet rattling noise coming from the PSU. I have a new HX1000 Platinum. It is very quiet and I can basically only hear it if I put my ear right next to it. It just stresses me out because I dont want it to eventually lead to a bigger problem and damage my other components. Is this normal and does anybody have any idea what this is? I have a video but i’m not sure that I can add it here

Ralston18

Titan
New build.

My suggestion is to power down, unplug, and open the computer case.

Not the PSU case - there is nothing in there that you can safely fix. Stay out.

Check for loose screws, wires, connectors, cards, loose fans, debris in fans - anywhere that the rattle could originate.

Double check that all screws are snug and evenly tightened but do not over tighten.

For the most part a quiet rattle is not likely a problem. May be just the result of vibrations and/or some small bit of resonance.

If the rattle changes or becomes louder then you will need to take another look.

Reactions: Zembii
May 8, 2022
New build.

My suggestion is to power down, unplug, and open the computer case.

Not the PSU case - there is nothing in there that you can safely fix. Stay out.

Check for loose screws, wires, connectors, cards, loose fans, debris in fans - anywhere that the rattle could originate.

Double check that all screws are snug and evenly tightened but do not over tighten.

For the most part a quiet rattle is not likely a problem. May be just the result of vibrations and/or some small bit of resonance.

If the rattle changes or becomes louder then you will need to take another look.
Okay I’ll definitely check everything out and update here if anything changes. I appreciate the feedback

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The cricket sound? Sounds like a little coil whine to me, isn't dangerous, but if it is really annoying to you and too loud for your taste could you try for rma at Corsair, can link the sound vid there too, see what their support has to say.

Reactions: Zembii
May 8, 2022
The cricket sound? Sounds like a little coil whine to me, isn't dangerous, but if it is really annoying to you and too loud for your taste could you try for rma at Corsair, can link the sound vid there too, see what their support has to say.
It doesn’t bother me one bit, actually I can’t even hear it unless i’m right on top of the PSU, but I haven’t installed my graphics card yet i’m installing one tomorrow. From what I seen coil whine is caused by the gpu, I do have a i9 12900k though. After installing my graphics card i’ll see if the noise gets any louder. If it doesn’t, as long as it’s not damaging anything i’m fine with it. I did contact corsair support to see what they have to say about it. Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: Vic 40