[SOLVED] slow read write speed ssd?

jimhoxh1

Honorable
Mar 1, 2018
Hello guys my ssd kingston A400 120gb started freezing and lagging after 2,5 years, i did a format but nothing changed i had the same problem.i did a benchmark with crystaldisk mark and the read and write speeds are very low so i thought that maybe it is broken , Yesterday i bought a new one kingston A400 240gb and i did a benchamark the results are better than the old one almost double but still very low,the good news is that now i don't have that lagging and freezing.i checked both of my ssds with crystal disk info and both are good no problems health is good. So do you think there might be a problem with my system?, i have an old pc. My friend has the same ssd but his results are double of my new ssd but his has a new pc better than mine,do you think the hardware that my pc has affects the read and write speed?

gpu: gtx 1050 2gb
ram: 8gb
cpu: amd fx 4300 3.8ghz
windows 10 home 64bit

Solution
Can you check the health of the drive with crustal disk info. Also what was the speed of the drive when you first got it. It might be a drive issue as you formatted the drive but still lag.
Hello guys my ssd kingston A400 120gb started freezing and lagging after 2,5 years................Yesterday i bought a new one kingston A400 240gb and i did a benchamark the results are better than the old one almost double but still very low...................i checked both of my ssds with crystal disk info and both are good no problems health is good.................do you think the hardware that my pc has affects the read and write speed?

When the old drive was new and working well, was it as fast as the new drive is now?

Do you do any type of disk maintenance.....such as "Disk Cleanup" function built into Windows?

Jonathan_Steadman

Commendable
Jul 20, 2021
Can you check the health of the drive with crustal disk info. Also what was the speed of the drive when you first got it. It might be a drive issue as you formatted the drive but still lag.

Solution