Question Smart TV to Internet via PC's Ethernet

Mar 1, 2020
Hi,

I want to connect my smart TV to the Internet via Ethernet through my PC.

The reason I want to do so is that I stream media via Ethernet to my TV. But the model does not allow to connect to the internet via WI-FI and keep the wired connection to the media server. It either has one of the adapters working at a time.

In order to stream, I have my Ethernet's IPv4 on my PC statically addressed, as in my TV. Stream works fine, but I cannot get the TV to connect to the Internet, even when activating the share option on my wireless adapter.

Is there anyway I can get this to work?

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

I want to connect my smart TV to the Internet via Ethernet through my PC.

The reason I want to do so is that I stream media via Ethernet to my TV. But the model does not allow to connect to the internet via WI-FI and keep the wired connection to the media server. It either has one of the adapters working at a time.

In order to stream, I have my Ethernet's IPv4 on my PC statically addressed, as in my TV. Stream works fine, but I cannot get the TV to connect to the Internet, even when activating the share option on my wireless adapter.

Is there anyway I can get this to work?

Thanks in advance,
A regular Ethernet (Straight-Through) cable won't work when you connect your PC to your TV or PC to PC
A Crossover Ethernet Cable is required to share Internet from your PC to your TV Ethernet port.