Question So I want a capable pc for my 144hz monitor for 750$

D

Deleted member 14196

I would recommend investing in a good power supply like to seasonic focus series

As for 144 hz I am not sure if that graphics card and hardware combo will be able to give you that performance you’re looking for but other graphics card experts will probably chime in

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14196

Rosewill make some nice equipment but not power supplies—only time will tell. Good luck with the build though

D

Deleted member 14196

Just a better quality psu. I think they keep a list of the top tier brands in the most reliable ones on this site

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
never cheap out on a powersupply its literally the beating heart of the system if its faulty it can cause damage to other components, EVGA G2 series i think are pretty good and on a cheaper side compared to the Seasonic focus plus series (which id recommend too personally).

Apr 12, 2019
If you are just gonna browse the web and pay your bills yeah... that will suffice.

Other than that the Vega 56 has peaks of 350 watts. Thus making a 500 watter of ill-reputable quality a bad choice.

How about the Seasonic focus 550?
I have seen psu wattage calcs and none said I need more than 500w also I will only game on it 2 times a week with like 6 hours per day of the 2

Apr 12, 2019
never cheap out on a powersupply its literally the beating heart of the system if its faulty it can cause damage to other components, EVGA G2 series i think are pretty good and on a cheaper side compared to the Seasonic focus plus series (which id recommend too personally).

I know but I heard that the glacier is quite good so ye

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
vega 56 is quite a thirsty gpu tho. it can eat between 200-350w depending on use it would burn up a low quality psu tbh.

and its not just about the wattage its about the quality of the PSU too.

also AMD gpus tend to eat more power than Nvidia GPUs and an rtx 2080 on 500w is walking on thin ice tho unless you pair it with a low power cpu like a ryzen 2600 but its a maybe.

heres a recomendation
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wr...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fx

_Thomas_

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
I'd go with either seasonic or coolermastermasterwatt 550. you could also power mod a vega56 for >200% power usage but with that cooler there's no change (and you'd need at least a 600w powersupply)

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
The quality of the glacier is good bothing amazing but goo but atleast give me a good cheap psu

in the end of the day its your choice really, were just saving you from potential trouble by recommending you good quality PSUs that can pair with a thirsty GPU like the vega 56.
Corsair RM or Seasonic Focus gold are your best bet.

as for "good cheap" PSU well sadly your options are limited. EVGA G2/G3 maybe.