Build Advice [SOLVED] Cannot install Windows on the new build

ThaiTeaE

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
Hi Everyone, First post here.

I have searched through the forum for answers but could not find the working ones for me yet. I am having a problem trying to get the "simple"window installation to work. I have done this before, but this time it just doesnt work and I do not know why. This is the build that is meant for Hackintosh, but the installation hosed up, so I wanted to try out the basic Windows 7 install (i have the working bootable drive). I had tested the USB drive before tried on the new build already; I was able to boot and do the installation just fine. However as soon as i boot the drive on the new PC, it would freeze at the same windows 7 logo with 4 sphere swirling forward toward the screen.

Systems:
CPU: Intel i5-9400
GPU: MSI RX 480 8GB - my old and reused
MOBO: MSI B360M Gaming Plus
RAM: XPG 2666 2x8GB
M.2: XPG 248GB

PROBLEM:
My Windows 7 installation screen froze up on the window logo (not the loading screen). I was able to get to the BIOS and have the 'Boot Mode' set to " UEFI"
PS: will add the relevant picture when I am home.

What I have tried:
  1. I checked the RAMs and only start the installation with just ONE stick of RAM. I tried the installation with different combinations; Stick#1 in Slot#1, Stick#2 in Slot#1, etc. The 2 RAMs works, everything powers up, and able to get to BIOS just fine, but would still freeze at windows logo.
  2. I tried booting the drive from UEFI. Everything powers up and able to get to BIOS just fine, but would still freeze at windows logo.
  3. I have tried to remove the M.2 and left the HDD. Although, the M.2 should only be a driver problem when selecting the disk for installation, not bring out the installation menu. Everything powers up and able to get to BIOS just fine, but would still freeze at windows logo.
  4. I have tried to remove the GPU and runs the setup with just MOBO,RAM, and CPU. Everything powers up and able to get to BIOS just fine, but would still freeze at windows logo.
  5. I have checked the PSU and cables to the CPU and MOBO. Everything powers up and able to get to BIOS just fine, but would still freeze at windows logo.

I would appreciate all the tips and tricks!

Last edited:

ThaiTeaE

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
Thank you everyone for helping out......as it turns out it was the BIOS. I just spoke with the support and they said that the BIOS version I was using would only work with 8th Gen Intel chip. So basically, I just flashed the BIOS with the newer version that supports the 9th gen.

VERDICTS? check your BIOS first make sure it is really compatible with your chip (EVEN IF NEWEGG SAID IT IS WORKING WITH 9TH!!!!)