[SOLVED] SOLVED !!!!! PC Does Not Power Up MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Blue Led (Debug)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2020
Hello guys,

I build up this machine 5 years ago;

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 4790
Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3
Ram: Kingston Hyperx Black 2x 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
GPU: MSI GTX 970
PSU: Xilence Xp1200

So my problem started after then I move a new house after than 3 years. My PC was in storage for 3 years. When I settled I plugged everything and It was working fine. just freezing and doing stupid things sometimes. So I decided to clean it and apply a new thermal paste. I did everything right I assume, After then I clean processor and fan I cleaned it well and used blow dryer for to be sure there are no liquid back(Alcohol). So when i plugged my comp it did not start. CPU fan was try to spin but system shut itself down and restart. So I plugged out everything and then when I connect it again. My PSU blow up and I heard smell of burnt cappacitor or something. So I did not force my system for further and I removed my PSU and went to the service to try that is my system works with another PSU. But the service did not have equal PSU to my motherboard. They had only used 400 Watt Casper(Turkish lowend brand) PSU which has only 4 pin(my mobo has 8 pin for PSU Power). We removed GPU, HDD & SDD and tried to power up. Nothing happened, just blue led flashed 4-5 times which is debug led.

So I wonder that is my mobo fried or should I get a new compatible PSU and try it again.

Jul 12, 2020
I solved my problem with pretty easy thing and you can try that if you are using old mobo, probably you are if you are checking here. So I bought new PSU, Seasonic 750wM12 II Bronze Evo Edt. and I just hope that my mobo is fine and it did not work because of the low power. But it didn't happen like I wish and mobo gave the same debug led with no power at all in any place. just fast blinking and slow blinking debug led.

So now I was feeling anxious cuz PSU did not work and I don't know did something happen to my components. I talked with my friend who has same generation mobo with me. We tried everything on his computer and they were ok. Last time I wanted to try mobo on carboard surface. I tried and it did the same <Mod Edit> and did not power up. I was coming to the end of story but I wanted to give a try and change the CMOS Battery with new one. So I bought a new CMOS battery and only paid 50 cent or something. Burası önemli!!!! And I tried with new CMOS battery. So It works. So long story short, try to change your CMOS Battery if you have no power situation with your mobo. BTW It should be 3V but it was only giving 1.6V

Last edited by a moderator:
May 5, 2023
Hey, im facing the same problem, what should i do ? I tried panasonic cmos when checking on multimeter it had 2.60v isn’t it ok ? , i tried new power supply no work, i have z97 gaming 5 , blue led is blinking only that is happening

USAFRet

Titan
Hey, im facing the same problem, what should i do ? I tried panasonic cmos when checking on multimeter it had 2.60v isn’t it ok ? , i tried new power supply no work, i have z97 gaming 5 , blue led is blinking only that is happening
Please start a NEW thread for your particular situation.
This one is 3 years old, and the original participants are long gone.

Reactions: Adamnew01
Status
Not open for further replies.