Question Some ARGB questions

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Hello
I have a TT Commander C34 case that has ARGB fans plugged to my MSI motherboard to control them with the MSI Mystic Light app
I also have an Asus AIO LS 240 cooler with ARGB fans also plugged the same.
I am using the same color codes for both TT and Asus in Mystic Light but it's not 100% the same, red is the same on both, but blue is slightly different, TT having the true blue while the Asus blue is more a turquoise color.

So is it normal to have this small difference between two different brands?
Is there a better RGB app for an MSI motherboard than Mystic Light?

Hello
I have a TT Commander C34 case that has ARGB fans plugged to my MSI motherboard to control them with the MSI Mystic Light app
I also have an Asus AIO LS 240 cooler with ARGB fans also plugged the same.
I am using the same color codes for both TT and Asus in Mystic Light but it's not 100% the same, red is the same on both, but blue is slightly different, TT having the true blue while the Asus blue is more a turquoise color.

So is it normal to have this small difference between two different brands?
Is there a better RGB app for an MSI motherboard than Mystic Light?

LEDs can use different phosphor or chemistry to generate their colors. Some go for brightness, some accuracy, some cheapness, some availability, some price. So yes, this leads to variations, especially among green and blue which are harder to produce. A blue emitter diode wasn't available cheaply until 2000.

There is a standard for ARGB strips and how their colors are set. That said, specialized hardware like memory chips, keyboards, and mice aren't ARGB strips and all use a custom designs implementation. Razor plug in are complete and utter garbage code wise. And Corsair Is garbage because it's CPU heavy over the USB bus. ICUE has lowered system performance and crashed my system so many times. It's here t garbage for r the money Corsair charges. By the quality of it I think they hired an intern to work on it. Logitech does okay but it's not intuitive or friendly. ASRocos RGB software is garbage. It took them 3 years to get the aura sync software to work on their middle tier and upper tier boards. Only solid color and unicorn puke worked properly. And solid colors was questionable. Adjusting the red slider would create a cyan. How freaking hard is an RGB data structure? It's not!

Is it that hard to write a clean user interface and offload processing into a $1 ATMEL chip? I know I'm being hard on companies here. But if you spend $200 on a RGB keyboard that you could pick up the equivalent mechanically wth RGB for $50 it better darn well be perfect.

Last edited: