Sony VAIO SVF1532C5E

Status
Not open for further replies.

dut182

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
I bought a Sony VAIO SVF1532C5E a year ago and had the worst experience I could have imagined. The laptop has very bad Wifi and usually takes very long to connect to the network, making it necessary to switch off/on the wifi in order to connect.
In addition to that, the laptop wont turn on anymore. I need technical support and I was told the Sony warranty does not cover the United States or Brazil.
Anyway, just wanted to express my deep disapointment with my firts Sony VAIO. Definitely wouldnt recommend to a friend.

Why would they not honor a warranty in the U.S (I can't speak for Brazil)?? Your warranty eligibility hinges on your region and where you purchased the laptop from, that much is true. The Wi-Fi issue may have been a loose antenna or a bad WLAN card, either way, sorry to hear the laptop didn't meet your standards.

Sony officially sold their Vaio line. We'll see how that goes.

dut182

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
I purchased the laptop in the UK, therefore the warranty covers the EU but not the Americas. I had to send over my laptop to Europe in order to have it fixed. Fortunately my problem was solved and Sony support in Europe was very kind and helpful. Still not happy with the computer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.