• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question sound through controller but not through computer itself

MattyJRule

Honorable
Nov 7, 2014
Hello there,

I have been using a headphone/mic combo since I upgraded my computer. Everything was working fine till a few days ago when the sound through my headphones began to get choppy/static and would cut out. Now it doesn't work at all. The device does shows up in playback devices.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated drivers and played around with the sound settings all to no avail. The funny thing is, when I plug this headphone into my ps4 controller (connected via cable) sound plays perfectly. Could this be a problem with the actual jack where you plug the headphones into?

Please any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

MattyJRule

Honorable
Nov 7, 2014
The motherboard that I have is the MSI Z390 TOMAHAWK MAINBOARD. There is a port for a mic at the back but no audio/green port.

EDIT: the case that i have is COUGAR GEMINI S CASE, and there is a headphone and mic input at the top in the front which is where i have been plugging it in.

Last edited:

MattyJRule

Honorable
Nov 7, 2014
As an idiot who knows nothing about computers, I did plug the jack into everything it could fit, including all 5 ports at the right hand side of that image, and still no audio.

Edit: I just did a double check with all ports on the back, and the headphones are not picked up when plugged into any of them.

MattyJRule

Honorable
Nov 7, 2014
I just when into device manager and selected check for driver updates automatically. I have never installed one manually before. I will try install one from that link you sent and let you know. Thank you for your help so far!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS