BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Hey i just recently put my computer back together and windows ran its updates. I have vista 64 SP1, but windows update threw in a SP2 update... Now i dont know if it will swap me over to SP2 which i dont know is good or bad. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Solution
I saw this article the other day that may be of interest because it is going to want to give you IE8 also.

Many of you have e-mailed to ask for my yea or nay on rolling out Internet Explorer 8. Unfortunately, IE 8 has joined the ranks of XP Service Pack 3, Vista Service Pack 2, and .NET Framework Service Pack 1 on the list of updates I recommend you postpone indefinitely.

Among other problems, installing one of these service packs for XP, Vista, or .NET after IE 8 eliminates your ability to uninstall IE 8, if necessary, without first removing the service pack(s). If you absolutely must have IE 8, installing it only after you've updated the other software allows you to retain your options.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
I saw this article the other day that may be of interest because it is going to want to give you IE8 also.

Many of you have e-mailed to ask for my yea or nay on rolling out Internet Explorer 8. Unfortunately, IE 8 has joined the ranks of XP Service Pack 3, Vista Service Pack 2, and .NET Framework Service Pack 1 on the list of updates I recommend you postpone indefinitely.

Among other problems, installing one of these service packs for XP, Vista, or .NET after IE 8 eliminates your ability to uninstall IE 8, if necessary, without first removing the service pack(s). If you absolutely must have IE 8, installing it only after you've updated the other software allows you to retain your options.

Solution

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I already have IE 8 installed. For some reason this SP2 update came out recently for me at least. I dont know why they would allow me to download it considering i am on SP1 ... i dunno i still have to learn