Question Spilled small amount of water on Desktop. Motherboard went from Q-Code to no longer booting

Qazwaxman

Honorable
May 28, 2016
Hi guys, last night i spilled half a cup of water and it ended up dripping onto y Desktop through a fan vent on top. I immediately turned of the system, opened it up ad wiped all the water out. I proceeded to tip it over and let it dry overnight. This morning i go attempt to turn it on and i receive the Q-code 10 for the Mobo (ASUS Maximus XI Hero). I take out the RAM, clean off all pins and proceed to put them back. After connecting the power cable and flipping the switch, the start button now lights up but refuses to boot into BIOS. Pressing start on the mobo or the power button does nothing, no fans or other components light up. I have tried resetting the CMOS to no avail. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot from here?

Qazwaxman

Honorable
May 28, 2016
Small update: I ended up swapping the PSU with an older one i had lying around, and the same issue is happening. The LED start button is lit on the Motherboard, but is unresponsive when pressed. The same case happens when pressing the CMOS on the back. I am now assuming the Motherboard is dead. Any suggestions or insight on the next steps of testing would be appreciated.