Question SSD Connectivity issue

davrockin221

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
I recently purchased this ssd - SDSSDH3-500G-G25, but when i tried to connect it with a sata cable it doesn't recognise it when i try to format it. My motherboard is the ASRock - H97M Anniversary. I checked on partpicker to see if there was compatibility issues but they seem to work fine together. If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated! Sorry for my lack of knowledge in advance.

USAFRet

Titan
I recently purchased this ssd - SDSSDH3-500G-G25, but when i tried to connect it with a sata cable it doesn't recognise it when i try to format it. My motherboard is the ASRock - H97M Anniversary. I checked on partpicker to see if there was compatibility issues but they seem to work fine together. If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated! Sorry for my lack of knowledge in advance.

Where, specifically, does it fail to work? What error message do you get?

Can you post a screencap of your Disk Management window?
What other drives are in this system?

davrockin221

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Where, specifically, does it fail to work? What error message do you get?

Can you post a screencap of your Disk Management window?
What other drives are in this system?

View: https://imgur.com/a/j1COguC

There's my disk management window. I don't actually get any error messages, it just doesn't show up at all as far as i can see. There may be something glaringly obvious that i'm missing but i'm not very experienced in these things. Currently there's a 1tb hdd and then a 256gb ssd.

USAFRet

Titan
What make/model is the current 256GB drive?

I have an ASRock Z97M Anniversary, and this same SanDisk SSD in 1TB size.
Works perfectly.

Also, you should remove that D drive letter fromt he small partition on Disk 0. Just confuses things.