[SOLVED] SSD not appearing in Windows 10 setup on Fresh PC

Dec 26, 2018
Hello, a PC my friend and I have built will not display the SSD in the list of drives available for installing windows (the only drive that appears is 2.0mb and not available for installing windows to). We have tried getting drivers onto the USB but that has been no use as the drivers wont appear on the USB when browsing. We are stuck for solutions. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, a PC my friend and I have built will not display the SSD in the list of drives available for installing windows (the only drive that appears is 2.0mb and not available for installing windows to). We have tried getting drivers onto the USB but that has been no use as the drivers wont appear on the USB when browsing. We are stuck for solutions. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
To start, give us a full list of ALL parts in this system.

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,
You can try to assign a new letter to your drive, maybe it works.
Go to File Explorer and click This PC. On the top part of the window, you will see the Map network drive option with a hard drive icon. Click that, select a drive letter that is not being used at the moment, then find your SSD through the Browse option. Then click Finish and restart your computer. Your SSD should appear in Windows Explorer after that.
Or you can try to update your drivers.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,
You can try to assign a new letter to your drive, maybe it works.
Go to File Explorer and click This PC. On the top part of the window, you will see the Map network drive option with a hard drive icon. Click that, select a drive letter that is not being used at the moment, then find your SSD through the Browse option. Then click Finish and restart your computer. Your SSD should appear in Windows Explorer after that.
Or you can try to update your drivers.
"map network drive" ?
No.
That is for a drive in a different system, that you connect to over the network.

And the OP already fixed his issue.

TRENDING THREADS