Aug 2, 2020
So I bought a Corsair MP510 Force M.2 SSD the other day. My current motherboard is an AsRock AB350M Pro4 which I've had for 3 years, and a Western Digital Blue HDD.

When I first booted into Windows from my HDD, I couldn't find the SSD in file explorer or Control Panel. I also tried disk commands in cmd, still nothing.

I then tried to boot into BIOS, and tried to find the SSD in the Storage settings, but it wasn't there as well. [ ]

After that, I went to Boot Options and I found it there as a secondary boot option in a setting called "Hard Drive BBS Priorities" [ ]

I was then told that M.2s can function provided they are booting Windows. So I removed the HDD and went for the Windows 10 installation.

I plugged in the USB Drive and booted into it. But while going through the boot options, I couldn't find my SSD M.2
So I boot into the USB, select Windows 10 edition etc, and then it says there is no storage device available.. I tried to refresh couple of times but still nothing. I was then told to Troubleshoot and check if my M.2 is recognized in cmd when it's connected alone without an HDD.

Lastly, I tried the command Chkdsk /f /r and the result was that the ssd is "write protected"

• Is it a faulty ssd?

• Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long text.

Solution
The Corsair MP510 Force is an NVMe SSD, looks like you've put it in the wrong slot as the M.2_2 slot only supports M.2 SATA SSDs.

Try putting the MP510 in the M.2_1 slot instead as this supports NVMe SSDs

This is clearly shown in "Storage" details of the Motherboard specs
Aug 2, 2020
Turns out I was using M.2_1 slot from the beginning
The Corsair MP510 Force is an NVMe SSD, looks like you've put it in the wrong slot as the M.2_2 slot only supports M.2 SATA SSDs.

Try putting the MP510 in the M.2_1 slot instead as this supports NVMe SSDs

This is clearly shown in "Storage" details of the Motherboard specs
Turns out I was using M.2_1 slot from the beginning, so that's not the problem