Dec 2, 2020
So I’ve been gradually been putting my build together and this is what I’m running
Aorus x570 elite
Ryzen 5 3500xt 3rd gen
16gb Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhx c16
Evga 850w psu 80+ gold supernova
Asus Gtx 1660ti Phoenix edition
Window 10 home free
1 Kingston m.2 nvme 256gb ssd
1 sk hynix 500gb Sata ssd
1 seagate 1tb 2.5” hdd
Idk if fans matter

everytime I go into bios the sk Hynix ssd un allocates and I have to re format it and it only happens when I enter bios. I’ve checked the health of the drive I’ve gone through almost every setting in bios and there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. It also happened with another hdd I had hooked up that was a Toshiba 1tb 3.5in hdd. Could someone help me figure this out I’ve tried updating sata drivers and even looked into a hot swap setting in bios that I’ve disabled. Pleas someone help me 😭😭😭

Dec 2, 2020
So I’ve been gradually been putting my build together and this is what I’m running
Aorus x570 elite
Ryzen 5 3500xt 3rd gen
16gb Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhx c16
Evga 850w psu 80+ gold supernova
Asus Gtx 1660ti Phoenix edition
Window 10 home free
1 Kingston m.2 nvme 256gb ssd
1 sk hynix 500gb Sata ssd
1 seagate 1tb 2.5” hdd
Idk if fans matter

everytime I go into bios the sk Hynix ssd un allocates and I have to re format it and it only happens when I enter bios. I’ve checked the health of the drive I’ve gone through almost every setting in bios and there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it. It also happened with another hdd I had hooked up that was a Toshiba 1tb 3.5in hdd. Could someone help me figure this out I’ve tried updating sata drivers and even looked into a hot swap setting in bios that I’ve disabled. Pleas someone help me 😭😭😭
Oh and I’ll add that the seagate hdd does not do this and works perfectly fine!

Dec 2, 2020
Wow! Yet another AMD Ryzen / Gigabyte motherboard / Window 10 "unallocation" thread.

I don't understand the root cause of your problem, but there is no need to reformat your drive when this happens. You can use DMDE to reinstate the deleted partitions.

Watch this thread:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...resetting-to-unallocated-please-help.3667696/
Looking into the thread you posted you said something about the sata drivers near the end I have the most recent and up to date sata drivers should I try rolling back to an older driver I’d prefer not having to reinstate the drive everytime I need to go into bios