[SOLVED] Start up screen searching for boot media

Goobis

Reputable
Jun 5, 2016
Hello,

I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-I mITX motherboard with a Ryzen 7 2700 CPU, and I recently updated my bios to v2406, as well as my chipset. After updating it I noticed that when I boot up my pc it shows this screen as if it is looking for something, but only for a split second. Then it will load into the splash logo and continue to boot windows. I was wondering if there is any way in turning this off, my boot priority has my windows SSD first so not sure whats happening here. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

10f1dab.jpg

Solution
Do you know if ssd was formatted as GPT or MBR?

its possible your BIOS, since you updated it, has set CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to auto, meaning it looks for boot drive using 1 method and then restarts when it doesn't find it, and swaps to the other.

knowing what format you have installed can assist in figuring out what CSM should be set to on boot tab
This item allows you to configure the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) items to fully support the various VGA, bootable devices and add-on devices for better compatibility.
Launch CSM
[Auto] The system automatically detects the bootable devices and the addon devices.

[Enabled] For better compatibility, enable the CSM to fully support the non-UEFI driver add-on devices or the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you know if ssd was formatted as GPT or MBR?

its possible your BIOS, since you updated it, has set CSM (Compatibility Support Module) to auto, meaning it looks for boot drive using 1 method and then restarts when it doesn't find it, and swaps to the other.

knowing what format you have installed can assist in figuring out what CSM should be set to on boot tab
This item allows you to configure the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) items to fully support the various VGA, bootable devices and add-on devices for better compatibility.
Launch CSM
[Auto] The system automatically detects the bootable devices and the addon devices.

[Enabled] For better compatibility, enable the CSM to fully support the non-UEFI driver add-on devices or the Windows® UEFI mode.

[Disabled] Disable the CSM to fully support the non-UEFI driver add-on devices or the Windows® UEFI mode.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...G/E14337_ROG_STRIX_B450-I_GAMING_UM_PRINT.pdf

if drive is MBR, you need it enabled
If drive is GPT then you could disable it
Win 10 prefers GPT so disabled would likely work, but I don't like to assume.

Solution