[SOLVED] Steps after launching windows for the first time?

Jun 18, 2020
So after the first lauch of windows on a freshly built pc i don't know which driver to install first.
Should i do windows or motherboard first?
In motherboards driver which first(BIOS, chipset or else)?
Chipset drivers from motherboard support website or originally from CPU website?

gigabyte b450m ds3h
amd ryzen 3 3200g
g.skill aegis 16 gb (8x2) @3200mhz (i hope i have no problems about this one, OC)

Also i need to install first of all a wifi adapter driver and i'm not sure about this.

Solution
First thing you're going to want to do is check the outside of the motherboard box for a sticker that says "3rd Gen Ryzen Ready" or "BIOS F40" or something like that. If you don't see anything like that on the outside of the box, you may have issue just getting the system to POST. Per the Gigabyte B450M DS3H CPU Support List, the Ryzen 3 3200G requires BIOS version F40 installed before you can install the CPU and POST successfully.

The second thing you're going to want to do is pre-download the latest drivers from the Motherboard Support Page. Typically, all you need to do here is download the Chipset, LAN, and Audio drivers and save them to a separate USB drive.

Next, you will want to create your Windows Installation...
D

Deleted member 1272431

What?

Ok, first off.
Windows is an OS not a driver, you want that one first.
Your BIOS firmware is preinstalled in your motherboard.
Drivers you'll need: none, if running windows 10 it will autodetect most of the stuff and download drivers accordingly.
Next, head to device manager and see if some drivers are missing. Then install what's left.

Reactions: newestmember
Jun 18, 2020
What?

Ok, first off.
Windows is an OS not a driver, you want that one first.
Your BIOS firmware is preinstalled in your motherboard.
Drivers you'll need: none, if running windows 10 it will autodetect most of the stuff and download drivers accordingly.
Next, head to device manager and see if some drivers are missing. Then install what's left.
So just by installing windows updates i will have mostly all of my drivers updated?

So after the first lauch of windows on a freshly built pc i don't know which driver to install first.
Should i do windows or motherboard first?
In motherboards driver which first(BIOS, chipset or else)?
Chipset drivers from motherboard support website or originally from CPU website?

gigabyte b450m ds3h
amd ryzen 3 3200g
g.skill aegis 16 gb (8x2) @3200mhz (i hope i have no problems about this one, OC)

Also i need to install first of all a wifi adapter driver and i'm not sure about this.
usually, you have to instal Audio driver and Lan network driver. BIOS for upgrade Processor (if it's not supported by installed bios).

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
With Ryzen motherboards the best order is: 1) before installing windows 10, download the most current Windows version if possible using the media creation tool. 2) Make sure that Bios is up to date and is not a beta bios. If is up to date, load optimized default in bios then save and exit. 3) install windows 10 from usb drive. 4 Install antivirus. 5) Download chipset drivers from AMD website and not from motherboard cd. 6) Download and install necessary applications from motherboard website. 7) Then let Windows updates do their thing.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
If you receive a bsod with the error clock_watchdog_timeout, it will be due to not having the most up to date windows 10 installed. (Note: I recently installed 3700X with an X570 motherboard. Windows 10 version 1909 was the earliest version that I could use to avoid the bsod.

Wolfshadw

Titan
First thing you're going to want to do is check the outside of the motherboard box for a sticker that says "3rd Gen Ryzen Ready" or "BIOS F40" or something like that. If you don't see anything like that on the outside of the box, you may have issue just getting the system to POST. Per the Gigabyte B450M DS3H CPU Support List, the Ryzen 3 3200G requires BIOS version F40 installed before you can install the CPU and POST successfully.

The second thing you're going to want to do is pre-download the latest drivers from the Motherboard Support Page. Typically, all you need to do here is download the Chipset, LAN, and Audio drivers and save them to a separate USB drive.

Next, you will want to create your Windows Installation Media. You will need to do this on a working computer and typically just an 8GB USB Drive. Just follow the instructions in the link provided.

If/When you get the BIOS updated and can actually get past the Power On Self Test (POST), then you will change the Boot Priority to however you created your Windows Installation Media (typically USB). Reference Pg 26 of your Motherboard Manual. Insert your install media and Save and Exit BIOS. This initiates a reboot and the system boots up from the install media.

Once Windows is installed, then you can go ahead and install the drivers for your specific motherboard which you've already downloaded and saved to a USB.

Finally, you can start installing your applications/games/programs and you're good to go.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jun 18, 2020

Next, you will want to create your Windows Installation Media. You will need to do this on a working computer and typically just an 8GB USB Drive. Just follow the instructions in the link provided.

If/When you get the BIOS updated and can actually get past the Power On Self Test (POST), then you will change the Boot Priority to however you created your Windows Installation Media (typically USB). Reference Pg 26 of your Motherboard Manual. Insert your install media and Save and Exit BIOS. This initiates a reboot and the system boots up from the install media.

Once Windows is installed, then you can go ahead and install the drivers for your specific motherboard which you've already downloaded and saved to a USB.

Finally, you can start installing your applications/games/programs and you're good to go.

-Wolf sends
Thank you a lot too.
In my motherboards website i found the amd ryzen 3000 ready. Is that what i am looking for?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Thank you a lot too.
In my motherboards website i found the amd ryzen 3000 ready. Is that what i am looking for?

That just means that the latest iteration that they shipped to stores has been updated to the BIOS necessary for the 3rd Gen Ryzen processors. There is no telling how long the motherboard you purchased has been sitting on the shelf. It may or may not have been updated already.

Check the box of the motherboard for those words, "AMD Ryzen 3000 Ready".

-Wolf sends

Jun 18, 2020
That just means that the latest iteration that they shipped to stores has been updated to the BIOS necessary for the 3rd Gen Ryzen processors. There is no telling how long the motherboard you purchased has been sitting on the shelf. It may or may not have been updated already.

Check the box of the motherboard for those words, "AMD Ryzen 3000 Ready".

-Wolf sends
Ok i understand. I have to find a F1 bios version supported processor and after install newest bios in order to make it work.