Steve Jobs Announces the Apple iPad

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

IPhlop, killed by its own hype. Seriously nothing lives up to the hype anymore.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]$499!!!! WOW. and yea. MacPad would have been better.[/citation]

Umm yeah better than MaxPad maybe

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]So it's a $629 eReader that can make phone calls... *yawn* The only people that will be buying it are the Apple funboys who buy Apple just because it says Apple on it. Apple's stock fell today...haha go figure.[/citation]
I cant believe just how much crap are our MSfunboys able to spit out in 10 seconds....
Why dont you check your facts before talking rubbish...
Shares of Apple were up 1.7 percent after the pricing details were announced to trade at $209.40, within reach of their all-time high of $215.59 logged on January 5
SOURCE:http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60Q0BY20100127
Also for other guys from the previous posts that just came to talk trash and troll, the iPad comes with two separate versions one with 3G and one with only WiFi and Blue-tooth 2.1.
Have you also ever considered the possibility that people dont want to drag a whole laptop or netbook with them just to read some news, surf the web and checkout some books and movies?
Yes Apple released a product that can use an existing library of apps and adds additional functionality to it plus iWorks, faster CPU than iPhone, bigger screen. and is what $499 - $699?
Just couple of days ago the same funboys were talking trash on how $1000 iPad will suck and Apple will screw everyone just by hiking the price. Now that we know the real price you still spew the same rubbish... Seriously get a life....

[citation][nom]Euphoria_MK[/nom]... Have you also ever considered the possibility that people dont want to drag a whole laptop or netbook with them just to read some news, surf the web and checkout some books and movies? ...[/citation]Yes, and these people already have that capabilty- smart phones. This iPad isn't very on the edge or revolutionary.

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
So .. no editing or creating music while sipping on your favorite beverage ... damn .. looks like my inspiration of making beats like Dr Dre or editing with effects like the Quay Bros is out of touch with this device .. Steve ... what happened .. you kicked so much ass when you had the company called NeXT...

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]rwpritchett[/nom]Yes, and these people already have that capabilty- smart phones. This iPad isn't very on the edge or revolutionary.[/citation]
Yes you might also consider an eye surgery after reading Angels and Deamons on your iPhone....

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Nice product, I just don't have a use for this kind of product and don't see who would. I played with a tablet PC a while ago and found that it was more of a toy than anything... then I got bored of using it as such and wanted it as a laptop only.

G

iPad will come in satin and velvet finishes

6 months later apple will announce the iTablet which will come in asphalt and iron finishes (starting specs are 12" multi touch screen, 3gHz CPU, 64GB SDD, 4G compatible, 24 hours battery life and weigh 3lbs pricing will start @ $1000)

G

It would be better if it could run windows or linux, or operate like a traditional os where you can multitask. This looks like an expensive toy, sure, kind of neat, but overpriced for what it does. What we need is the equivalent of a netbook in a tablet version.

G

Gosh - with the onboard accelerometers and WiFi - this could be the killer Wii and Playstation 3 interface! Does anyone know if the display refresh rate is greater than 120 Hertz? Yeah - Can it do i3D?? I wonder what the combat hardened version will cost?

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
This is going to fail, the specs just don't make it a necessity for anyone i really don't see a market for it, i think it is apple's way of going against netbooks and other tablets but this is just an oversized iphone, no support for flash,basically can only do the most basic computer tasks and essentially it is just a glorified ebook reader, i don't know but i dont see anything revolutionary here

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
No built-in camera (so no, there's no facial recognition that would, for instance, automatically identify different family members and switch to their personalized iPad view). No TV subscriptions (as had been previously rumored). No Flash support for the Web browser. No app multitasking. No haptic feedback for the virtual QWERTY keypad ... and indeed, nothing all that new on the UI front at all.
I just don't see this product making any dent in the current market

G

I personally like Apple products; not because they're necessarily practical, but they do push innovation and technology to new limits. Kudos to Apple on the iPad, it's certainly a better alternative than a Vista netbook IMHO. I think if we consider it as such, it becomes more practical, especially with 3G-to-go, and integrated GPS and compass capabilities. I look forward to seeing the creative and useful things that developers will do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.