Steve Jobs Rumored Terminally Ill; Shares Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
The National Enquirer is still at the base of all of this, which would certainly counsel against betting on the accuracy of the report, but a lot of other major news outlets are picking this one up, as well. Time will tell, I suppose.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I take all the jokes back, he made some really nice stuff, & I hope it's not true, because he made some really nice stuff...

Immoral Medic

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
This really sucks for Apple if you think about it. He was seen leaving a cancer clinic causes shares to fall. What will happen if he dies? Apple dies?

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]immoral medic[/nom]This really sucks for Apple if you think about it. He was seen leaving a cancer clinic causes shares to fall. What will happen if he dies? Apple dies?[/citation]
It will prob become another Dell.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
The problem is that Steve is SUCH a power-monger that the whole company thrives and suffers on his whim.

There is no legit second in command. We don't even know if he has a successor. He might take Apple with him to... well... nevermind.

Get well Steve!!!

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
This reminds me of the spoof someone did where they circulated (faked) rumors of Jobs having a heart attack a few years... Cut Apple's stock price by something like 66%. It wouldn't surprise me if some unscrupulous investors would try something like that, circulating fake news to make a quick few million bucks by short-selling Apple's stock. Doing that would be flagrantly illegal, yes, (if caught, they'd be fighting Bernie Madoff for the top bunk) but that hasn't stopped investors before, now has it?

My opinion is that he's probably fine. If he actually DID go to a cancer center, chances are it was something like an "early catch with 100% chance of survival," since those like him have the resources and know-how to go get themselves checked regularly. All told, it might be something like a tiny patch of skin cancer (save for Melanoma, it's never life-threatening if caught early) possibly caused due to radiation exposure from his reality distortion field.

[citation][nom]Jane McEntegart[/nom](we’ll pause while you swallow the whole salt-lick)[/citation]
Kudos to you for demonstrating you're aware of the potentially dubious nature here. Too many (even respectable mainstream) news sites probably are parroting it without realizing the primary source is a tabloid.

illo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
[citation][nom]immoral medic[/nom]This really sucks for Apple if you think about it. He was seen leaving a cancer clinic causes shares to fall. What will happen if he dies? Apple dies?[/citation]

apple pretty much went into cardiac arrest after he left in the 80's or whenever it was. it was only when he came back that he pulled apple out of the ground.

as for the shares dropping it makes sense, without Jobs apple just sells expensive stuff.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i hope this is fake, BUT that it isnt found to be fake for a while.

ill invest all the money i have in apple. i wasnt able to do it last time, as i was under 18, but now i command my money.

Flameout

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
a part of me hopes he doesn't die just so i don't have to skim through all the stupid news articles about his death and other apple related bs

Richeemxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]maxiim[/nom]If Steve ends up being well, someone is getting sued for spreading this shit I'm sure.[/citation]

This came up a couple years ago when a kid posted a story about Jobs having a heart attack on CNN's iReport. Several sites picked up the fake post and ran with the story. Stocks fell almost 6% which caused the SEC to look into the potential of stock manipulation.

These major fluctuations in stock prices are the reason many investors have been asking for Apple to name a successor for years. Something that popped up again when he took leave.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
As much as i dont like the guy, i still wouldn't wish any harm upon him, cancer is a terrible thing to go through.....lost quite a few members of my family to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.